Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #1

Bunk end keys

I’ve lost my extra set of keys. I can get copies of door and storage keys but there’s no identification numbers on the bunkend key. How do I copy it? Nothing at the hardware store
Wendy s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #2

seriously... you lock your bunk ends? the handles are plastic! The only person a locked plastic handle stops is you... cause you don't want to break it. A well placed crowbar on the door gets you inside.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
seriously... you lock your bunk ends? the handles are plastic! The only person a locked plastic handle stops is you... cause you don't want to break it. A well placed crowbar on the door gets you inside.
What’s your point? I lock mine, it would keep some idiot from flipping the lever down in a parking lot.
My17Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #4

Quote:
What’s your point? I lock mine, it would keep some idiot from flipping the lever down in a parking lot.
If I really wanted to be an idiot I would just break off the plastic handle and then watch you Gorilla tape it back on...

The point is... that as a person that has owned a convertible top car, who never locks the car, because as it is too easy to defeat a cloth top.

I am sorry that you have to park in areas where an idiot would want to screw with your flimsy plastic handles.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #5

Quote:
If I really wanted to be an idiot I would just break off the plastic handle and then watch you Gorilla tape it back on...

The point is... that as a person that has owned a convertible top car, who never locks the car, because as it is too easy to defeat a cloth top.

I am sorry that you have to park in areas where an idiot would want to screw with your flimsy plastic handles.
I see the lock as more of a safety feature while driving so the handles can't open accidentally. Take the keys to a locksmith. A pro can copy any key with or without numbers.
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 PM   #6

Is it different than your storage locks? I though mine were all the same key on our 21ss

m
hybridlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #7

We have a 2013 233s Roo with the bunkend locks the older metal style, our key number is 751, not sure if that is the same as yours. We had extra keys ordered from our dealer.
fortwilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #8

It’s the standard RV CH751 key, ignore all the BS crap that always happens in these threads.
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #9

I think we got one key per lock when we bought our Roo years ago. That means we got at least 5 maybe 6 of 'em.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #10

Quote:

What exactly is your problem? As others stated we lock the handles so they don't accidentally get flipped down during travels. Of course they can easily be defeated. And I don't "have to park" anywhere I don't want to.
You have a Roo..... so what exactly is your attitude problem?
My17Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
You must sit inside your home and roo with a shotgun to prevent anyone from entering. Get over yourself. Licks are a deterrent and nothing more. I've locked my personal assets routinely, yet it didn't prevent my house from being broken into. Even after that, I still lock my home.

Just because you don't agree, you can not say anything stupid as you did.

Get a life!
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #12

It is the standard CH751 key. You can order new ones at any number of online retailers such as amazon, ebay or etrailer.

Standard Baggage Door Key #CH751

I lock my bunk ends also. So what if they're plastic. The lock keeps them from popping open during travel. The last thing I need is a bunk swinging down into oncoming traffic going 65 mph. It can and does happen. While ive never had a bunk end open up on me, I have had 1 lock on one bunk open while traveling and found it when we arrived at our campground. Ive been locking them ever since.
Do yourself and everyone else on the road a favor, and lock your bunk ends. At least for travel.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy s View Post
I’ve lost my extra set of keys. I can get copies of door and storage keys but there’s no identification numbers on the bunkend key. How do I copy it? Nothing at the hardware store
I just reread your post. Aren't your storage key and bunk keys the same? Mine are. During our PDI, the dealer handed me a set of three keys and told me one was the door, one the storage compartments, and one the bunks. Later I found the bunk and storage door keys were interchangeable, so I use the same key for both.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #14

I lock my bunk ends also! Not to stop some person from getting IN, but to stop them from accidentally opening. And at least on mine they are the exact same key that all the other compartments are, which is the same key that everyone in the campsite has! Oh, wait, yes, I did change all of my OTHER compartments to a better lock & different key, but for the reason stated above (the lock on the bunk end will not stop a person) I did not change these locks/keys.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:30 PM   #15

We have 4 keys for our Roo. The bed is 751 (teeth on both sides of the key) and our storage is CH751. Ours is a 2013, maybe the newer ones have just 3 keys.
fortwilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:50 AM   #16

Quote:

so what's your problem?
The way I see your thinking you must never lock anything?
a car you just break the glass your house you just kick the door in
your camper just a really big hammer
man you have a problem
I understand locks are for honest people but bunk ends are for the bunks to stay locked when in travel
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #17

Our storage and bunk keys are the same on our 2016 Roo.

We lock ours whenever traveling.
ebcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:54 PM   #18

Probably #731
Same key as your bin locks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
so what's your problem?
The way I see your thinking you must never lock anything?
a car you just break the glass your house you just kick the door in
your camper just a really big hammer
man you have a problem
I understand locks are for honest people but bunk ends are for the bunks to stay locked when in travel

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #19

Depends on the year. Key 731 only opens the small rear cargo door and outdoor shower cover on my Roo 23SS, the main door, door bolt, and bunk ends all use the same key with the black plastic cover. Only time I had the trailer at a dealer was to install a slide cover and they claimed their master key would not unlock my deadbolt and needed my key.

Key 731 will open my backyard shed and the old ADT security cabinet in one of my closets! Very handy.

-- Chuck
Old 08-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_S View Post
Depends on the year. Key 731 only opens the small rear cargo door and outdoor shower cover on my Roo 23SS, the main door, door bolt, and bunk ends all use the same key with the black plastic cover. Only time I had the trailer at a dealer was to install a slide cover and they claimed their master key would not unlock my deadbolt and needed my key.

Key 731 will open my backyard shed and the old ADT security cabinet in one of my closets! Very handy.

-- Chuck
X2. My 2012 Roo 19 had 3 keys: door, storage & shower, bunks. IIRC, the 2012's were the last year of the locks up high.

My 2016 Mini Lite also had 3 keys: Doors, storage, shower.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk