Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #1

bunk end leaks 2012 19' roo

I bought a 2012 roo back in Oct. After i got it home and after first rain I found the mattress and couch wet. I posted on the forum and received a few answers. Since, I've resealed the right marker light and roof trim that seals rubber roof to fiberglass. Water testing with hose and some rain. That leak appears stopped. I closed bunk end once it was dry. That started this thread. When I closed the bunk end i noticed water running out by hinge. I can't find anywhere obvious that it could be getting in or worse where it's coming from. I did buy some clear silicone sealer and added it to a few places I thought could be a possibility. I love the trailer and hope that I can get it stopped before any damage or I have to sell. Again hoping someone has a solution or can point me in a direction to fix. Appeared to be about a cup of water.
Markharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Markharmon,

Thank you for being a part of the Rockwood family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your Rockwood Roo. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #3

Try this:

How to adjust the bunk end latches:
https://youtu.be/V5KiNdIBLWM
TexasNightSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

2013 Roo Bunk End Leak

Mark,

Thanks for the post. I'll try seeing if a card will slip between the seal. My Roo doesn't have the type of latch you have. Mine is at the top, and swings horizontally. I'll see if there is any adjustment similar to yours if I find any gaps.
gwaltneyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the post. I'll try seeing if a card will slip between the seal. My Roo doesn't have the type of latch you have. Mine is at the top, and swings horizontally. I'll see if there is any adjustment similar to yours if I find any gaps.
You do not have that type of latch... many people have put up a homemade gutter above the top side to divert rain water. There are many threads on here if you do a search for Roo bunk leaks or gutters. Often only the front bunk leaks. Many of these threads you will find will be very detailed on what needs to be done.

You may also need to replace the rubber gasket around the doors. I believe FR sells it by the foot from the factory.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaltneyra View Post
Mark,

If you put your Roo's year and model number in your profile, members can see what you have. Then you won't have to post it every time.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, bunk, leak, roo