Originally Posted by deartruc
The co detector does have a life expectancy, like the one you should have in your house. I believe its 3-5 years. If you're hearing consistent chirping and your battery is charged or on AC, you may have a bad co detector (and the reason they pulled the fuse).
The only real conclusion we can come up with is that salesman had pulled the Fuse to keep the parasitic drain from the battery. Elsewise it is just an initial "chirp" once we plug it in to let us know it is on and activated. Our Pop Up was like this as well. We never left the battery attached on the Pop Up either due to the drain.
It's just that we didn't even we miss the sound until I seated the fuse in the correct position. And then it's like CHIRP! I was like....."ahhh, I remember that sound", at initial plug in and knew immediately what it was.
Glad that's all it was, and thanks for the heads up regarding the life expectancy of those CO2 Detectors. Always good to know.