Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #21

Mine is the one they did not rivet, they put it back in the rail, and squeezed the rail from the inside. And it seems to be holding.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #22

We are tackling this project tomorrow. We camped all season with the temp fox of simply pushing it back in but now the canvas came out at the bottom as well, thanks to our Doodle dog getting comfy in the corner and pushing it out. Picked up Tube of Proflex. I’ll post before and afters.
NSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNewbie View Post
We are tackling this project tomorrow. We camped all season with the temp fox of simply pushing it back in but now the canvas came out at the bottom as well, thanks to our Doodle dog getting comfy in the corner and pushing it out. Picked up Tube of Proflex. I’ll post before and afters.
Would love to see the pics when you get a chance!
Old 09-30-2018, 05:25 PM   #24

Bunk end pulling out at top

I had this happen a second time, already had one repair done earlier this year for a different place on one of my bed tents. The repair that my shop has done is they re-insert from the outside and use some silicone, and then from the inside they crimp the rail that holds the Canvas. I had heard some other people talk about having screws inserted at that location, but I have not had that done.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #25

Finally completed our repair. 🤪 It was very easy. Removed all the old silicone, put a heavy bead of silicone down the channel. Inserted the canvas. Left to dry. Will replace the track covering and may insert screws for added security. So far only one bunk end needed repair.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:49 PM   #26

Just happened to me in upper corner

2013 Roo 233s that's never had any issues with the canvas until I opened it up the season and noticed my rear bunk upper right inner Corner was pulled away and this canvas actually was split enough to allow a gap of light into the outside it was big enough for me to stick my finger through. I couldn't tell if it was torn or was never together and just stretched out and appeared to be open, but given that I'm in the medical field I actually sutured the corner seam together and then silicone to both sides of it. There were 2 white plastic channel lock pieces about 6 inch long that came out from the canvas track that I guess was holding it into the frame, but I'm not sure exactly how to fitted back in there again. I'm likely just going to get some proflex after reading the success with that material and jam it in there and let it dry to seal it in place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_022126.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	206464  
Spocko1701a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocko1701a View Post
2013 Roo 233s that's never had any issues with the canvas until I opened it up the season and noticed my rear bunk upper right inner Corner was pulled away and this canvas actually was split enough to allow a gap of light into the outside it was big enough for me to stick my finger through. I couldn't tell if it was torn or was never together and just stretched out and appeared to be open, but given that I'm in the medical field I actually sutured the corner seam together and then silicone to both sides of it. There were 2 white plastic channel lock pieces about 6 inch long that came out from the canvas track that I guess was holding it into the frame, but I'm not sure exactly how to fitted back in there again. I'm likely just going to get some proflex after reading the success with that material and jam it in there and let it dry to seal it in place

The same happened to us. You need to reinsert the canvas on the outside back into the track. On the inside of trailer, the canvas corner is factory cut to make it possible to pull it in and wrap it tight on the inside. You will notice the backside is tacky with an adhesive. We relieved the tension on the canvas by propping the bunk end slightly up, applied silicon and reseating the canvas in place and let it dry.

Tags
bunk