Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #11

We can agree to disagree. When I first bought my Roo and after seasoning the tents I started complaining on this forum. I was looking for answers. Many have said they have had no leaks but many have said they have. I read of 4 year old campers (Roo's) starting to delaminate. This to me is unacceptable. I'm glad you pointed out just how large a company FR is. I believe a company that large could very easily have a controlled environment building where their tent campers could be seasoned prior to sending out. (if this is the problem) If anyone can tell me a good reason why they can't please do. I talked with our salesman when he was here, FR is not an "easy company" to sell for. They make mistakes and are not very open to solutions from the people who sell them. I'm just a believer in getting what I pay for. I did not think for a minute I would have a camper that leaks and a refrigerator that I had to rig fans in so it would work. I'm very happy for the owners who for some reason never have leaks but even if it's 10% or 5% that do, it's too many. We will see what FR says when they get my pictures. If they tell the dealer to spray an over the counter sealer on this will not be acceptable because it's not permanent solution.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I wish you well theroo2 and look forward to reading your updates in the thread(s) you have started on your issues.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #13

I wonder how much of the dis-satisfaction with FR service lies at the feet of the dealers? We had our Roo for a few months, and although it did not leak I was not happy about the installation of the bunk end seals. I took it back to the dealer, and they said yep, doesn't look right to us, and within 3 weeks had it back with new seals all the way around. No questions asked.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #14

Bought my 23SS this year. It has rained every time we were out. We were in one storm that took down trees around us. NO LEAKS. Now the dealer had this unit for several months, so they did the seasoning for us. I disagree that this should be FRs problem, it should lie on the dealers. They are the experts and should know how to do it right. They are also the ones who have to fix it when it is wrong. From a business stand point for FR to hold that amount of inventory to season the beds would probably price most of us out the market. Just my thoughts.
Equalizer 12000

Campcation Days This Year: Not nearly enough!!!!
Campcation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campcation View Post
Bought my 23SS this year. It has rained every time we were out. We were in one storm that took down trees around us. NO LEAKS. Now the dealer had this unit for several months, so they did the seasoning for us. I disagree that this should be FRs problem, it should lie on the dealers. They are the experts and should know how to do it right. They are also the ones who have to fix it when it is wrong. From a business stand point for FR to hold that amount of inventory to season the beds would probably price most of us out the market. Just my thoughts.
It would be interesting to know if in fact your dealer purposely left the ends open for seasoning or was "incidentally" opened for the normal showroom traffic. Very glad to hear that you've had no leaks and are enjoying your Roo!
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
It would be interesting to know if in fact your dealer purposely left the ends open for seasoning or was "incidentally" opened for the normal showroom traffic. Very glad to hear that you've had no leaks and are enjoying your Roo!
I'm guessing the dealers get them by the batch, open one up as a model and the others remained closed. If they opened them all up to season they would then have to deal with the dirt and stains. Our owners packet clearly says to open them up and hose them down.

2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote