Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #1

bunk latches

hello, I have a 2004 shamrock with the old style screw down bunk latches. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded the old style bunk latches with the new ones and where I could find them.
Thanks
kbmtcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #2

Not sure what the old style is but mine are the kind were you slide a latch over to a hole. I want to change them over to gas lift struts like the one I saw in a Jayco. Just got to figure which lifts to get.
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #3

You can get them directly from the manufacturer. Scroll down to second from bottom on this page. There's an option to get the locks and the bars. I bought some replacement bars for my Roo. Note that they don't come with the black rubber block, but instead a piece of white nylon-like material.

Products
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones View Post
Not sure what the old style is but mine are the kind were you slide a latch over to a hole. I want to change them over to gas lift struts like the one I saw in a Jayco. Just got to figure which lifts to get.
i don't think you're talking about the same thing. the OP is talking about latches on a hybrid travel trailer. the bunk end doors have latches, older hybrids had screw-type while newer hybrids have a cargo latch-type.

not sure what you're talking about but i've never seen gas lift struts on hybrid bunk doors.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock