Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #1

Bunk Storage or Seal Issue?

I have a 2016 Shamrock 19 that I have had since AUG. I have found I get water in the driver side front bunk hinge material only when closed and stored. It pools about a half a cup after a couple of days of rain. Seals are always maintained with 303 protectant and always spotless before storing bunk. I also check for any material in seals after closing. I use the method described in these forums step by step, with the fan suction and all doors and windows closed. (Love that BTW) except I line up the Velcro on the mattress with the Velcro on bunk deck by the hinge. I also fold both the shepards pole and cross hoop in the mattress. I never felt resistance while storing this way. Do you think I am missing a step? Should cross hoop be stored on top of mattress? I also think I will try to move the mattress in by 1" like suggested in an older post. I have a warranty appointment with dealer on Friday. I see no delamination at all yet, but this has happened twice now after there are many days of rain. Never have had a issue with rear bunk end. I did have a 2015 Starcraft and I seem to like the latch system and gutters better on those. Thoughts? Thank you all in advance.
wkn4lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:05 PM   #2

X2 - same thing here.
papesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

I have a 2015 23IKSS, I had the same issue until I looked a the top of the drip rail. There were holes in the grove of the rail at each end. I put a dab of silicone and that fixed it. Only the front bunk drip rail had the holes. I believe the wrong rail was put on from the manufacture.
vfw1899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, storage