07-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oshawa, ON
Have fun and good luck with your buy.
Originally Posted by budven
I am considering buying a new Rockwood Roo 23ss and need help from some of you seasoned veterans in choosing the options. I live in southeastern PA and will be towing with a 2010 Ford Explorer 4x4 4.8L engine with the tow package which I believe is rated for 7115lbs.
Here are my questions...
1. Do I really want/ need a power awning vs. a manual awning?
2. What aboutaluminum wheels vs. standard wheels?
- I choose aluminum, due to rust issue and appearance.
3. Do I really need heated holding tanks?
- only if camping in cold weather. If declined this option.
4. Do I really need a power tongue jack?
- Absolutley, the best $135 you'll spend.
5. Should I buy the brake controller and install it myself?
- you can. I negotiated mine, including intallation as part of the purchase
6. Should I buy the Equal-i-zer 4 pt. 1000/10000 myself?
- See #5 (I opted for an E2)
Any other advise is welcome as I am in the research stage of buying.
- A second Fantasic fan in the front might be a handy option. Yes, to slide toppers. I opted for the raised panels on the fridge, they look great. I supplied the battery, and bought a group 31, deep cycle.
Thanks for any help.
2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)