Old 06-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
I was thinking about doing the same with my GoPro but saw some folks complained that there was a several second delay by the time the video showed on the iPad. Do you notice a lag or is it pretty much realtime?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
There is a short lag, but not several seconds in my experience so far.

mattyboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #12
Hard wire it. You won't be sorry at all.

Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Back-up Verses Observation camera system

I have seen lots of conversations on the Back up camera system, but I can tell you from experience that if you want a wireless system look for Observation camera system, not Back-up camera'.
I had purchased a Back-up system from a Furrion supplier, and it would work fine for doing exactly what it is, a Back-up only system. On the highway the range of the camera to the transmitter would go out of range constantly. I called the Furrion support line and they were fantastic. They stated that if you want a system that stays live while driving, you need a Observation system, not Back-up. They exchanged my system and it works great! It never loses range and the video has no delays. I just made a 1200 mile trip from FL to OH and not a glitch with the system. The Furrion Support team is awesome! Since many FR units come with the Furrion Bracket already installed, I highly recommend their system. It took me maybe 5 mins to install on the trailer and the monitor to less then a minute to sync. Please note that FR uses the running lights to power that camera for the factory wiring. You must run the parking lights to have the camera on. That works great for me. If I do not want the camera on I just turn off the tail lights. Then turn back on when I wan that on. Love it.
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #14
Recently new!
Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Go ahead and back

Title says it all for the mis-communications I get from DW! My daughter and DW gave me a rear view safety systems camera and monitor. I placed it just below the center lite on the rear of my Crusader. Monitor is crystal clear, large and bright. I currently have it wired thru a delay relay and some diodes, such that if I tap the brakes or use the turn signals, it will come on for 5 minutes. Do either, and the timer restarts.
I wired mine thru the underbelly with a fish tape, up thru the floor along by the slide, hid the wire along the slide seal, behind the ceiling/roof moulding, thru the rear cabinets, then out thru the back wall just under the center rear marker lite.
Taped the lead in wire to the umbilical cord for the fiver, and make the connections at the same time when hooking up. So far, so fine!

1987 Starcraft Nova tent trailer, purch. '87, sold 8.14
2013 Crusader 290RLT bought new, 8.14
2001 Ford F-250 7.3
A Loving wife and Mason the always dirty dog!
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote

camper, trailer