Old 06-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #31
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
X 2. Exactly. We were put on this earth by God to care for our kids the rest of their lives. Lol

Let kids use it. I can fix it if need be !
Other family not a chance!!!

Russell
I'd have to draw a line on that one. Ya can take care of kids but not go over board. I would never loan my camper to my kids. Nor to anyone else for that matter. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #32
Berkshire 390QS

We once offered our brother-in-law the use of our MH with the following conditions, I would drive it down, set it up and then would come and take it down and drive it home. He never took us up on the offer.

Skip

Skip
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I'd have to draw a line on that one. Ya can take care of kids but not go over board. I would never loan my camper to my kids. Nor to anyone else for that matter. Later RJD

You draw too many lines aceinspp!! Lighten up. It's just a piece of iron !! Lol

Russell.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #34

I let pretty much anyone borrow pretty much anything, although it drives my wife nuts. My buddies F350 died last summer and I let him use my Ram (yes that's a dig on Ferds, I mean Turds, I mean Fords) for 3 camping trips. I almost had to move into my camper my wife was so mad.

Loaning out the camper is a different story though. There is a big learning curve there. My kids aren't old enough for me to worry about that yet, but I would have to be REAL comfortable with them being able to tow, set up, and break down before I even considered it. My sister and her family want to borrow it and I told them they would have to stay local so I can drop it for them and pick it up. Needless to say the DW is ready to strangle me over that offer.

Kind of doesn't matter though since I STILL don't have mine back from warranty repair..... Sept. 8, 2015

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 27
2017 Nights Camped: 28
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #35

I would gladly loan my son the camper. It would come back in better shape than when he got it. Not so with most other family members. Lol
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
I let pretty much let anyone borrow pretty much anything, although it drives my wife nuts. My buddies F350 died last summer and I let him use my Ram (yes that's a dig on Ferds, I mean Turds, I mean Fords) for 3 camping trips. I almost had to move into my camper my wife was so mad.

Loaning out the camper is a different story though. There is a big learning curve there. My kids aren't old enough for me to worry about that yet, but I would have to be REAL comfortable with them being able to tow, set up, and break down before I even considered it. My sister and her family want to borrow it and I told them they would have to stay local so I can drop it for them and pick it up. Needless to say the DW is ready to strangle me over that offer.
Good news is you have years ahead of you to teach your kids what needs to be done and how to do it!

I didn't learn how to do everything in one day....I learned how to do all this stuff shadowing my dad for YEARS and driving him crazy!

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #37

NO..................Would not even consider it. As so many already have said here. It never comes back in same condition you would expect it to be. And yes, there "ARE" too many things that can go wrong when not familiar with total set up & break down. No money will be offered I am sure for repairs or damage. I make the payments, only I get to take it out...... Me and my wife has used Tents for 20 years before my Pup. Tell them to invest in a tent. Oh;....... and I really don't like lending my camping gear also.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #38

Yes, no, maybe. All are correct answers. You and your wife had better come to an agreement 1st. This is just parenting skills (yes the daughter is an adult).

For me, if it was my son we would say yes. If it was one of my wife's 2 sisters then maybe to one & no to the other. You must make a judgement call on their responsibility & how any decision might impact on your relationship with them.

You also need to consider training the driver how to tow, backup & set up/take down your Roo. For me this would be a big issue before anyone borrows my TT.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #39

MMM Maybe my GS... When the time comes. He is 3 YO. My wife's daughter asked about using it twice... one time at the house for her and her friends to HANG out in. No.
The other time was to live in at school. No. My wife simply told her no. She said no...that's his baby. No. She told me about it later and we laughed.
The only way I would ever consider it would be if I towed and set up at the destination and picked up after and had a firm discussion about the rules and I trusted the person.

My sister asked to borrow my utility trailer(for her mechanic husband) I said O.K.(with minor concern..she has no money to replace). She called later to arrange p/u and I said anytime you are ready it's there now...she said is your truck there? I said no it is with me...then she informed me they no longer had a truck. I said ok come and get it. It was hard seeing and old truck drive off. It came back undamaged. BIL is a Ford/Dodge mechanic so I figured it would be fine.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #40
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Daughter - no.
Oldest Son - probably
Youngest Son - maybe

Daughter wouldn't be responsible enough for me.
Oldest Son has a 35' sailboat which he and his wife sailed to the Bahamas a couple of years ago. He's an Engineer and a very responsible person, if not almost too anal retentive.
Youngest Son (late 20's) has been with us several times and knows how to run the systems. Depends on where and how long he would want it. But I don't think he would want too - he gets intimidated backing up my utility trailer.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper