Old 07-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #31

Doesn't bother me what the next door campers do as i'm just happy it's not a barber shop quartet loud and out of tune. Or worse. Ez enough to cover a window or block a light source with a towel, quilt, tarp, sleeping bag or relocating a sleeping location. Sure beats bringing someone else on the potential blood boil ruining more than one persons vacation or mini vacation. You never know how one will react to Your camper bothers me statement when they feel like they paid their rent. How many times do you see people pack up and pull out right at check out time making sure they get their moneys worth.
Granted most people are not the type that sit at a red light after it turns green watching their rear view mirror or make a turn off the main road and slow down with their rear end hanging out in the road for extended time just searching for conflict.
Most people are Wonderful Creations and would be more than happy to help. But to know the difference is not possible ahead of time. Hence the old saying, you can't just a book by it's cover.

2014 Jeep SRT...did not trade
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #32
Moderators' Assistant

I love my classic Rock music.
But I choose to be a good neighbor by using wireless headphones.
That way I can crank it up til my ears bleed and not disturb anyone else.

Agree that there are different ways and styles of camping.
But what I don't get, is why someone goes to a state or national park campground, full of Nature's wonders and beauty, and proceeds to setup a tv theater room under the awning.
Or turns on the outside speakers and force neighbors to listen to his music or NASCAR race.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #33

Eco foil / reflectix in the windows pugs on top. barely any light penetration keeps it very dark in the camper

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:46 PM   #34

Oh my, what a crowded campground. Talking to the camper next to you should not cause a problem. Especially when you are parked so close to each other.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #35

When we had our hybrid, with tents/bedrooms on either end, I have on 2 occasions, brought the problem, in a friendly manner, to adjacent campers attention. Both times they were very gracious and understanding.
I have also had this brought to my attention when I was using a very bright Colman lantern outside. I was grateful that they had brought it to my attention, as I would never want to be responsible for making a fellow campers vacation less than pleasant. God knows the mosquitos and weather can take care of that for all of us. Oh, and the black flies OMG.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #36

I've done that before with my old trailer. Just never thought of it until someone kindly asked me to turn it off because it was lighting up the inside of their trailer.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #37

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Last year at Mistletoe State Park in GA, our next door neighbor [60-70 ft away] asked me to turn out my scare light on the far side of the TT. It seems the sensitivity had become too sensitive and was coming on and going off too often. I turned that light off for the night and readjusted the sensitivity the next morning. The neighbor came over to thank me and over the course of the next 4 days became friends. I'm glad to comply to any sensible request if only asked and not demanded. I don't do "demand" well.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #38

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Automatic "Scare Lights" are well worth what you pay for them IMHO as we have three. They can be set to motion detection or full on. If nothing is moving outside, why would you need a light? If something IS moving, then they come on to let you know and you can take a look outside. In effect, they stand guard 24/7.
The sensitivity can be adjusted up or down and the on duration set also. Or you can just turn them off, all from the same switch. Great security investment IMHO.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #39

Angry What the heck ?

I leave my yellow light on all night so I can watch my truck,I am on my second trailer and no ones lights have ever bothered me. No one has ever said anything about it either.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #40

X2- get some Reflextic or cut sone foam core boards for the bunk bed windows. I did that to the windows around my bed. I like a dark sleeping area and got tired of RV parks bright lights coming thru my windows.

Tags
mpg