Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 PM   #61

Personally, I find some campers bright blue and other colorful party lighting obnoxious and overkill. When I'm camping in a beautiful setting such as a pine forest, I'd rather be experiencing the beauty of the nature around me than feeling like I'm in city lights.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Maybe he doesn't know his outside speakers are on.

I didn't know the outside ones come on every time you turn on your radio until I read it here on the forum.
My stereo has on/off settings for inside, outside or both. I prefer my music on low so a conversation can be had with the DW. God knows I need to listen to her plan that will lead to the next disaster.

Just a survival skill I picked up.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #63

Campground etiquette what would you have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryandamy View Post
Wow.. This subject sure got a lot of responses!

Campground etiquette is important and impacts all of us.

I see a lot of discussion on people using TV's while camping with some saying they don't understand why people would go out to beautiful places and then sit in their trailer and watch TV.

There is no right or wrong on this...

Each person does what they like to do and we shouldn't judge people for being different from us.

I have a TV in our trailer that has never been on for TV yet and probably never will be.

A few times we put on a DVD movie for the grand kids, but only when they got restless during bad weather periods.

When I am camping I like to do things that I can't do at home and my DVR records everything at home, so I don't miss the few shows I watch.

But if someone wants to go to a beautiful place and sit in their camp and watch TV, then that is their choice and I have no problem with it as long as they do not disturb other campers.

If they do disturb others, then the other campers should politely ask them to turn it down and it is then their response that I will judge them by.

Viva la difference!

My vast camping experience...ha ha
I generally had a list of stuff to do to the camper. I cooked, ate and cleaned. Did upgrades/piddle with trailer, fished a little, worked on jet ski, hunted kids, played with GS and other stuff. I was happy just camping. I can sit inside a bit, go outside a bit, watch TV a bit, work a bit or whatever. We never have much money so whatever we do is cheap.

Short story long...just happy being out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #64

if any of this bothers you, don't go to Goshen. Especially in the grove.
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:54 PM   #65
Who Dares, Wins

Just wait until the trains start...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:01 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Just wait until the trains start...

But I LIKE trains!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #67
Who Dares, Wins

Well I am glad.. Because if you didn't...

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #68

Wow! lots of responses and I have never experienced an issue with an outdoor TV. Thank you for all the great ideas and approaches when talking with your neighbors. My DH and I always try to be courteous and polite so making small talk and chatting first makes sense. We have opted not to get PUGs or line our sides of the hybrid tents because we mostly camp in New England and enjoy the sunrise on the Maine coast as our "alarm clock". I knew putting this out to the forum would be helpful!

2013 7 nights camped
2014 10 nights camped
2015 17 nights camped
2016 10 nights camped
Hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #69

Always ask politely the next day. 99% will apologize and do their best to help you. The others? Well you have to decide how important the issue is to you.

Basic manners should apply to everyone, everywhere, but most especially camping. Quarters are usually fairly tight, few rigs are light and/or sound proof - from either direction and above all, none of us own the place. We're all guests and we should behave well enough to be invited back.

There needs to be understanding and tolerance from both sides. You can't expect solitude in a state park - on a weekend. Nor should you expect to do anything you please just because you paid a fee in advance.

We've camped a lot of different ways and places over the last 25+ years. On the table under a tarp, tents, tent trailers, pups and now HTTs. We treated all trips the same. We did our best to not do anything we would be ashamed of in light of day in front of our kids, left the place cleaner than we found it and hopefully with more friends than we arrived with.
2006 Fleetwood Bayside / 2006 4Runner
1999 Coleman SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #70
Coachman 312BHDS

The lights on at night is one of my pet peeves while camping in the woods to get way from it all. My brother-in-law and wife are one of the worst offenders. They are from a big city and feel less secure in the dark it turns out. I told them the floods they have on is disturbing a lot of campers. It is always a sore subject and they forget the next time we go out together. Because of it we have minimized our trips with them.

I am glad to see this disturbs a lot of other people. They should have signs IMO that indicate lights out after 10pm or so.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #71

I have never understood why people leave the city lights to go to a campground and then light the place up like a shopping mall. When I go camping I like to look at the stars in the sky, not the Pepper shaped lights around someone's awning, or a white plastic bucket with a 100watt bulb inside. My wife and I were at Sam A Baker State Park in southeast Missouri last weekend. Although the river is great and the campground is very well kept, the sites themselves unfortunately are very close together. Although they were not outside much past dark the camper behind us had a string of blue LED lights that ran all the way around the bottom of their camper as well as around the awning that they left on all night. These were so bright that when I stood in front of my popup camper their lights caused me to cast a shadow on the outside of our camper. I realize that hanging a towel or a blanket over the end of my camper might block the light from shining inside, but why should I have to cover up my windows because the camper next door wants to have an xmas light display! I chose the drink more wine option, but looking back had I talked with them they may have turned them down and we both would have enjoyed the weekend better.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #72

Bad neighbors

The lights don't bother us However lats year in Rehoboth Beach Delaware. We had a couple pull in beside us and setup. They moved the firing at the campsite to directly in front of their RV which was right outside our bedroom window. They stayed up till 3 or 4 in the morning drinking and carrying on. I don't know which gentleman it was but every other word out of his mouth begin with F and ended with K.
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #73
Coachman 312BHDS

We stopped going there (Sam Baker) because the sites are close. There are too many other excellent parks in southern Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk View Post
I have never understood why people leave the city lights to go to a campground and then light the place up like a shopping mall. When I go camping I like to look at the stars in the sky, not the Pepper shaped lights around someone's awning, or a white plastic bucket with a 100watt bulb inside. My wife and I were at Sam A Baker State Park in southeast Missouri last weekend. Although the river is great and the campground is very well kept, the sites themselves unfortunately are very close together. Although they were not outside much past dark the camper behind us had a string of blue LED lights that ran all the way around the bottom of their camper as well as around the awning that they left on all night. These were so bright that when I stood in front of my popup camper their lights caused me to cast a shadow on the outside of our camper. I realize that hanging a towel or a blanket over the end of my camper might block the light from shining inside, but why should I have to cover up my windows because the camper next door wants to have an xmas light display! I chose the drink more wine option, but looking back had I talked with them they may have turned them down and we both would have enjoyed the weekend better.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #74

My reg seals up pretty good. That being said, I really haven't had that many outings with it.

Now, my dad ran a camp ground for almost 20 years (we lived in a house in the campground), so I know some campers can be...cranky. If someone were to leave a bright LED light on overnight, I would keep a look out for them the next day and try to make nice and ask them about the light they left on the night before. If they turn out to be asshats, I'll just let it be. I might find something to put over the window on that side and have another glass of something to make me forget about them.

My wife refuses to use the head in the trailer so we walk to the bathrooms at night. When we do that I will leave my amber light on so we have some light when we get back. I will shut it off soonest.

When we go out, I like to be away from the 'norm' but with some comforts. Being in Fl. AC is a must!
mandring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg