Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Newb

Can i get a list?

(or does one already exist) of what i need for the bathroom?

My DH is not really educating himself on our new (to us) Roo, and of course our friends who said they'd help... well, you know how that goes. We'll be lucky if this coming weekend is not a total disaster. Yes the stress is kicking in.

Anyhoo, can i get a list of what we need for bathroom operations? I have no idea as far as chemicals or equipment, how to travel (water in tanks?) or anything. We got the walk thru last November and literally in the last week, the dealer closed. I'm just worried we're going to mess up something.

TIA!
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #2

Everything will go just fine..........

RV Check list

Black and Gray Water Holding Tank Maintenance
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Grape Escape

Easy really.Use regular TP sparingly. Try to fill black water tank fully before dumping. add chemical to each tankful for smell and chemical breakup of waste. Use for #2 only if nothing else available. Only travel with tanks empty as water and waste weight can really add up. If you do camp without hookups try to fill water tank at destination.
Above all ENJOY. Fellow campers will educate you as we all go thru the learning curve.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #4

Patti, the list is not to long. First thing is some chemical for the black tank, there are several different types we use a blue powder that comes in a packet. For the life of me I cant thing of the name. When you bought the trailer you probally got a starter kit, it had a sewer hose, fresh water hose, and some other items. The sewer hose is 6' and most likely to short if you are in a water, sewer site. The white fresh water hose is most likely a 25'er. you should be ok with that. As far as travelling with fresh water tank filled I would not do it if you are going to have a WES site. Drain your holding tanks before you leave the campground. There is no reason to travel with the added weight if you dont have to. What dealer did you buy from?

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #5

It may sound nutty to some but since I've added the RV 360 to my rig I haven't had to use any chems in the black tank. We went over a week with no chems this past month and NO smell. But if it does get smelly I do use a chem Odor-Con but pretty much any chem is going to kill the odor.

Happy camping!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #6

We use CALGON water softener in a bottle- about 5 bucks- and you just add 1 capful before using your black water tank to prevent "un mentionables" from sticking to the insides of the tank or sensors. This has worked very well for us, after emptying tank, there really isn't any smell! We also use regular Wal mart toilet ppr, 2 ply, just be sure it's septic tank safe, and it will break down just fine. No need for that PRICEY RV stuff!!
Hope this helps, and HAPPY CAMPING!!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Newb

Thank you all, i appreciate it! Hopefully we don't mess up anything too badly. I think all we need before Friday is a new water filter and a fishing pole for my daughter! We ended up putting new tires on today because the ones we had on there dry-rotted over the winter.

Papa Roo, it was Days RV up in Joppa. Where in "Balmer" are you? Did you hear anything about them? I was just looking at their website last week, and my husband went to call with a question on Saturday and found out.
F-350 (V-10) to tow
Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #8

Patti I live in the Rosedale area. Yes we heard about Days 3 weeks ago. My wife and I priced a camper from them last fall. We drove up to look at what they had and the lot was empty. Patti where are you guys camping this weekend?

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
Newb

We're heading down to Cherrystone, VA - it's just north of the Chesapeake Bay tunnel. (i'm out on the eastern shore - just across the bay from Annapolis) Friends and their family are going too - hoepfully the weather is good and it's fun. It's more of an RV park i guess - and i'm more of a naturey state park kinda camper. But it's the first time out with the new Roo and i'll be glad to have some experienced hands on deck.
F-350 (V-10) to tow

Tags
roo