Old 11-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #31
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
Now that's the best answer I've seen so far! I feel the same way about my DH, especially since I would never drive the trailer myself, lol!

I think if you drove it, you would surprise yourself! My dear wife has towed ours out of campgrounds, down I-95, and most recently parked it at an empty park in Florida. Truth be told, I'm certain she'll be able to park it better than me once she gets some seat time doing it.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #32
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm sure I'll give it a go at some point, with every trip it seems more do-able And I'll still feel the same way about my DH, he's good for more than just driving the trailer, after 25 years we still enjoy each others company

Michelle Evans
Katy, TX
2011 Carriage Cabo 341
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #33
We bought Pop Up Gizmos last year. They protect & keep tent ends clean. I wish we'd bought them years ago. Also a refillable water jug with a faucet. Then you can always have clean drinking water in the trailer. Enjoy your hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2010 Shamrock 23SS
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #34
Canadian Member
Originally Posted by kellieh04 View Post
What are some things that you just can't live without while camping in your trailers? Our trailer is being delivered ahead of schedule this evening and I'm a bit nervous and excited all at once! I am looking forward to going through all my camping stuff I had while I was in my pop up and getting rid of what we wouldn't use in our Roo. Then I'm going to be making a list of things we would really need and start buying those things. I look forward to hearing from each of you that have been camping a while! Thank you so much for your help!
Absolutely have to have family, food, BBQ and firewood. Everything after that is about comfort and convenience. For me, the A/C is now a must have for comfort. Didn't have it in our previous popup and don't want to be without it now. The comfort and convenience items depend on what type of camping we're doing - in the woods "roughing it", or using it as a motel on wheels.
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #35
Add a roll of that new tape that hardens after application, fixes everything from broken handles to plumbing leaks.

Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote