Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Cargo weight transferred to hitch on Roo 21SSL?

Really interested in the Rockwood Roo 21SSL, but that forward cargo area concerns me. If I park my 2 atvs on there, I'm concerned about how much of that weight (1400lbs) is going to wind up on the hitch, and how much on the trailer axle since the cargo box is so far forward.

I can't find anything, anywhere that will tell me what % of the cargo area weight will end up on the hitch (assuming even distribution).

I'd be towing with a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. 8500lb trailer capacity, 1380 cargo capacity. 500lbs of driver/passenger/dog

unklegwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
not sure if your post would be better under the Roo or Shamrock sub-sections, since FR doesn't make any other toyhaulers with the front toy deck.

if you don't get much response here, read through the Roo sub-section, there are a few 21SSL owners there that could help you.

or i can move it there for more responses.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
There is an a frame with a front deck now too
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Oh, sorry, I saw "Towing" and thought that'd be the spot. If you can move it, that'd be great. More answers, the better. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
A frames, you mean those itty bitty Aline trailers? too small for my taste. Don't want to feel claustrophobic. But thanks for the info. Still, the trailer weight isn't so much a concern, it's that forward cargo bed. At halfway between the axles and the TV, it's gonna put a lotta weight onto the hitch, no matter how small the trailer itself.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
This question comes up every now and then. I don't ever see any owners post a tongue weight that would show where they are at - maybe they don't want to know

I would call either your dealer or Forest River and check it out or run a search here to find owners and PM them the question.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote