Old 06-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
those are expensive. you can get the same thing, at Cabelas, REI or Bass Pro for about $5 less.
or there are a number of internet dealers that sell them.
the average price is around $13.
Those are exactly what we got, shipped to the house for $29+ change....closest Cabala's is 50 miles....
got to love Ebay

2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #12
We have the PUG's on our bunkends but they are about 5-6 too short. I just received the solar blankets I ordered from WalMart to add those inches to the end near the top of the bunk. I hope this will make it easier to reach the roof since it is so high to install the PUG with the bungee cords.

Somewhere on here I read that some have used these around the inside of the bunkends in colder weather so I ordered extra blankets. Does the silver side of these blankets face the inside of the trailer? I got these for about $9 with free shipping.

Bonnie and Rich
Winston (Rat Terrier)
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #13
Is your camper not a Roo? The blankets I purchased are the perfect size! I thought pugs were made to the right size for your camper. If I had gotten a popup with a King bunk, I would have been in trouble. But I have 3 queen bunks, and don't think I will need them that often, so I am making them to save.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
I got the space blankets for $8 or $9 a piece. I am looking for that 'bungee' stretchy cord to make my own without the spring clips on the tent. Haven't found it yet.....

This is what I am going to use. I already have the supplies (my tarp clips are a little different since I bought them years ago for another project that never happened), just waiting until we are camping in Florida to set it up.

US Stock 20 Pcs 1 4" Shock Cord Hook Terminal End s Bungee Hooks to Use on Kayak | eBay

12 Pack Awning Clamp Set Tarp Clips Snap Hangers Free SHIP Survival Emergency | eBay
'12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
'13 Roo 21SS
2016 Nights camped: 3
2015 Nights camped: 21
2014 Nights camped: 18
2013 Nights camped: 26
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #15
Wow thank you! I couldn't find the bungee cord anywhere. Thought I was going t.o have to use a braided cord instead. Walmart has those tarp clips, and I thought they were too snug to slide on the thickness of tent and blanket without too much effort. They were the kind I wanted though. I have 3 bunks in a Roo 183, and that is one of the reasons I wanted to save and make them. I'm going to order up the bungee right away!

Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

pop up