Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #1

Closing beds in 21SS

Brand new 2011 21SS.

Looking for, preferably a video, on how to close up the end tent beds. Neither the salesman or the "young man" that did the demo at pick-up were very accurate with directions. In fact, when we got the trailer home, the mattress on the front bed was jammed into the slide out. CLEARY the bed wasn't put away correctly.

I noticed there are two straps on the inside end of the mattress with snaps on them. I figure perhaps they are supposed to snap to something inside the trailer before closing the bed and that these would help with the mattress. However, there isn't anything inside the trailer to snap the straps too! I know there are snaps on the bed frame to snap the outside end of the mattress to, those aren't the snaps I'm talking about.

Can anyone clarify the "How to" in putting away the beds? This shouldn't be a two person job. I set-up and took down my pup alone for several years. This should be easier!
KFenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #2

when it dries up and warms up some i will take some video. this weekend maybe. i'll post, keep checking back. I can use it for my blog too. Good idea.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #3

Sounds good. Thank you. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Site Team

check You-tube for some videos from RVW or RVW's video library, for a video called "2010 Rockwood Roo Walk Through Part 1".
it's shown on a 23SS but it's the same. shows the setup and take down.

i do it by myself all the time but i'm 6' tall. some may not be able to do it alone.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

YouTube - 2010 Rockwood Roo Walk Through Part 1 RVWholesalers.com

Here is the link referred to by bikendan

When I got mine, I watched all of them (6) and learned a few things, time well spent, well, in my opinion.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #6

Here you go. Quick little video with my little girl recording it for me! I hope this helps. Wife just watched it and said it needs to be better so I will drag her out tomorrow and go from start to finish for ya.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #7

Oh ya I never use the straps and never have an issue. It really is that simple. The front isn't any different.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #8

Thank you SO much for the video. It was sufficient. I could clearly see the problem. I noticed that your mattress was folded up. Mine definitely doesn't do that! Now that the rain has stopped, I'll have to check it out. The young "demo" tech at the dealer didn't seem too polished on our specific trailer and now I'm beginning to think he DEFINITELY wasn't!
Thank you (and your daughter) for your time.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #9

Thank you to all that posted to my bed inquiry. After watching baldy's and the youtube videos, I now know that we clearly were not shown enough info. on closing the beds correctly.
Thanks again!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #10

You're welcome! Anything else let me know.

Tags
bed, beds