Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #1

condensation fix

Hello all from Alberta. After much searching over the winter I got two survival blankets from Canadian tire for my Roo. Went camping on may long in the mountains very cold at night and moderate rain perfect to test my bunk covers. installed one on the end which we sleep and left the other one bare. 7 am up early to check, covered side virtually Dry small amount of water where the cover didnt quite match the tent end. Bare side soaked IT WORKED! Now for the good part,total cost for this fix was only 37.00 way cheaper then the pop up gizmos. For all of you with cond problems try this out.
alberta46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #2

Cool, (no pun intended) sounds like a good fix.
drs244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Site Team

i'm glad the solar/survival blankets worked as they should.

others have suggested what you've discovered, in the Expandable/Hybrid section here.
i have the same-type blankets, that i got from REI and have the same positive results.

PUGs are custom-fitted for the particular hybrid or popup but many can use the generic 5x7 blankets available at Cabelas, REI, Campmor, Bass Pro and now, Canadian Tire.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #4

Can you be more specific on how you did this?
bhonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhonas View Post
Here is a Link to the Popup Gizmos PopupGizmos
Looks like they go over the Bunk ends and it keeps the condensation from building up on the bunk material
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhonas View Post
ditto on PUG's website and also do a search on condensation on any hybrid forum. air movement along with PUGs or solar blankets, is the key.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #7

okay since I only have two bunk ends I bought two survival blankets They are red or blue on one side and silver in the other I laid them silver side down on each bunk end and since it wasnt windy I used clothes pins to fasten along the seams on each side and the end (will have to get something alittle better for windy conditions). Now thes will not fit perfect as far as length of the bunk end (I have to buy 2 more to cover it all) but a little bit of work and you will be set. The reason I put the silver side down is because the colored side is the waterproof side for if it rains.
alberta46 is offline   Reply With Quote