Old 09-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #81

Have you take a look at the 23WS? This one has a big slide so more counter space but no island. The slide is in the back so doesn't take up space under the awning.

Nandev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #82

Continuing on the ikss discussion. Dw caught the micro switch and didn't like it either. How about that wardrobe door moving to the side? Dw didn't like that either

Old 09-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Continuing on the ikss discussion. Dw caught the micro switch and didn't like it either. How about that wardrobe door moving to the side? Dw didn't like that either
Yes. We were truly thankful that we did not wait on our purchase of the "early" 2016 model in July.

There are always compromises to be made. Some will be thrilled with the new, presumably a bit larger bathroom/shower and the hard side shower door. And tor that they will accept (or maybe they like) the new wardrobe arrangement. Others must like the idea of more storage with the new, added pantry and the repositioning of the entertainment center. (We preferred having the front bunk wide open as it is the "open" feeling that drew us to a HTT in the first place. Some will hardly notice the repositioning of the microwave and the cabinet which I presume allowed for the stove hood to be positioned higher and thereby allowing larger pots on the stove? (Irrelevant to us but maybe important to others.)

As it is, we like our IKSS just the way it is. The only think I wish was different would be a larger window on the kitchen side (we could do with a lot less or even no entertainment center) and a clear (not frosted) door window so that we, again, would be able to see outside. But aside from that the minor issues like the sharp edge along the bed shelf and the less than ideal mattresses are "fixable."

Neither the new IKSS or the 23WS would have been the ticket for us. (My wife couldn't care less about a "changing area" and, for us, that door would just get in the way.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #84

I can see someone leaving the rear wardrobe door askew and, while travelling, it swings open a bit. Next, you slide open the kitchen slide and "crack" door gets jammed.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #85

Is the change of sofa and entertainment center related to the bathroom? I see what you guys mean about those changes being for the worse. I guess the entertainment center would help keep the mattress contained but I agree...the wide open bunk in my dk is a favorite feature. It makes it seem much larger.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:32 PM   #86

Nah...The entertainment center was in the perfect spot before. There was no problem with the mattress staying where it belonged, just bad design. I feel bad for everyone that had the opportunity to purchase a 2015 or early 2016. Seems like they waited for nothing. That pantry door reminds me of the nurses office in school. There is tons of storage in the original layout. The pantry is definitely not necessary

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #87

Maybe if we had a factory rep that would ask us our opinions like they do for the Class C forum we could have provided our two cents? Maybe, due to the pan, they had to make the bathroom a little bigger, but why would that have caused them to flip the couch and dinette? I think the entertainment center was in it's best location for this floor plan. I guess they thought when you entertain you don't want people staring at your bed. I do think making the night stand a floor to ceiling closet would be great. Would give a place to put coats and jackets for us in the north. Wouldn't have to take up more floor space than the night stand.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #88

That would be great. I know some of the brands on these forums have factory reps participating. A lost opportunity if they are not monitoring this one as it is one of the most active communities.

It almost seems like this is one of those things that shows better at the trade shows or in a showroom but for those of us actually using them on a daily basis would grow to be annoyed by the changes. All of the changes LOOK great in photos, but all of them seem to be less practical outside of the hard door showers. I know I was certainly impressed when I saw the photos until really sitting back and thinking about them.

I imagine the SS is getting the same entertainment center treatment? If so they are going to ruin that model as the sofa is directly across from the door if i remember right. If the entertainment center isn't changing I might actually prefer that model at this point.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhroo View Post
Yes. We were truly thankful that we did not wait on our purchase of the "early" 2016 model in July.

There are always compromises to be made. Some will be thrilled with the new, presumably a bit larger bathroom/shower and the hard side shower door. And tor that they will accept (or maybe they like) the new wardrobe arrangement. Others must like the idea of more storage with the new, added pantry and the repositioning of the entertainment center. (We preferred having the front bunk wide open as it is the "open" feeling that drew us to a HTT in the first place. Some will hardly notice the repositioning of the microwave and the cabinet which I presume allowed for the stove hood to be positioned higher and thereby allowing larger pots on the stove? (Irrelevant to us but maybe important to others.)

As it is, we like our IKSS just the way it is. The only think I wish was different would be a larger window on the kitchen side (we could do with a lot less or even no entertainment center) and a clear (not frosted) door window so that we, again, would be able to see outside. But aside from that the minor issues like the sharp edge along the bed shelf and the less than ideal mattresses are "fixable."

Neither the new IKSS or the 23WS would have been the ticket for us. (My wife couldn't care less about a "changing area" and, for us, that door would just get in the way.

I like my late 2015 but would be interested in seeing if I can get the new shower layout in mine, can't see why not as long as price doesn't go past $1500

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #90

Urocav2001 posted this on doors that may retro for ours:
Shower doors

I like the idea of the curved ones vs the retro because I think they would open wider. But, I don't think the floor pan for the curved ones will drop in.