Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #21

From a practical perspective it seems a shame to buy a new trailer that your TV may not be able to support, especially, when you plan on upgrading your TV in 2 years.

Why not wait and buy your TV, once you've considered your trailer of choice?

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #22

Was real close to trading my 09 Wrangler in for an 06 Dodge Power Wagon but the wife kinda nixed it a few months back... I dont know what we are going to do, maybe look for a smaller lighter trailer. Maybe we will just rent an rv a couple times this year again.

I am parts and service manager at a Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Dodge dealer who knows maybe a nice tow vehicle will come thru on trade in.

Appreciate all of the responses, even though I didnt get the answers I wanted although its about what I expected.

Thanks

Scot
Scotb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

It may be less cost impact now to change tow vehicles and get the camper that you want as opposed to buying a smaller camper to suit your existing TV and then changing both TV and camper in 2 years. Just saying...

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck, Scot. Sounds like you are making the right decisions. Keep us informed. I'm interested to hear what you end up doing.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #25

When we were consider our Roo, we had a Honda Pilot, the saleslady we were talking with knew we were looking for a Suburban or Expedition. So when she got the Suburban she called us. That was in October '10 and we made the Roo purchase Feb '11. I know it stinks waiting for something you really want - my husband can attest to that! LOL But you'll be glad you did. Don't settle on the trailer either, you'll regret that as well in the long run.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotb View Post
Was real close to trading my 09 Wrangler in for an 06 Dodge Power Wagon but the wife kinda nixed it a few months back... I dont know what we are going to do, maybe look for a smaller lighter trailer. Maybe we will just rent an rv a couple times this year again.

I am parts and service manager at a Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Dodge dealer who knows maybe a nice tow vehicle will come thru on trade in.

Appreciate all of the responses, even though I didnt get the answers I wanted although its about what I expected.

Thanks

Scot
I am the parts manager also of a Honda dealer. Although I'm and die hard Honda fan and loved out Pilot, the right vehicle fell into our lap as a trade and now we tow with a Tundra.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotb View Post

Thanks

Scot
I would stay with the trailer you know you want, and figure out something to pull it. As pointed out, it is cheaper to trade a TV than it is a trailer.

With your position at a dealer, I would think it likely something would come along any day.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
I am the parts manager also of a Honda dealer. Although I'm and die hard Honda fan and loved out Pilot, the right vehicle fell into our lap as a trade and now we tow with a Tundra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I would stay with the trailer you know you want, and figure out something to pull it. As pointed out, it is cheaper to trade a TV than it is a trailer.

With your position at a dealer, I would think it likely something would come along any day.

Yeah we may rent for this year and maybe even next, just got the wifes Jeep (traded in a minivan) and my Wrangler unlimited is something I am planning to have forever so I dont think a new Tow Vehicle would be feasible to add to the fleet right now. Who knows
Scotb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
daydreaming about camping

I'm a Jeep guy, so I know the feeling.

Our original plan was to stay light enough that we could tow it with my modified CJ. I had a tow vehicle to take the CJ to trails when the risk of breaking things was higher.

Ended up deciding on the larger TT and my DW "volunteered" to follow in the CJ...with the top off working on her tan. Such a hard life...

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I'm a Jeep guy, so I know the feeling.

Our original plan was to stay light enough that we could tow it with my modified CJ. I had a tow vehicle to take the CJ to trails when the risk of breaking things was higher.

Ended up deciding on the larger TT and my DW "volunteered" to follow in the CJ...with the top off working on her tan. Such a hard life...
Nothing like bringing a little attention to yourself by having the top off and working on your tan. I wonder if my thought bubble is getting the right picture here.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s