Old 11-10-2014, 01:28 AM   #1

Corner Shower vs PUP shower

Folks, sorry for all the last minute questions but we're trying to cover all of our bases before I fly off to Chicago and hopefully make a buying decision on a new Roo (just in time this arctic blast coming across the country- PDI in 30 deg. weather - yeah...)

Anyway, one of DW's concerns is the corner shower compared to the cassette toilet/shower combo we have in our 03 Niagara PUP.

I've heard some grumbling about the size of the corner showers and DW and DD make heavy use of the shower in the PUP, so she is wondering how the space and utility of the corner shower stacks up against the ones offered in the Coleman/Fleetwood PUPs over the years.

I've attached a floorplan of our PUP to show what I'm talking about.

Can any former PUP (w/shower) owners weigh-in on comparing the two?

Many thanks as always!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003NiagaraFloorplan.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	66162  

Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #2

We have a pup with the shower/toilet and we also have a Roo with the corner shower. I have taken showers in our pup but because we recently bought our roo and it was already winterized when we got it we have not been able to use the systems that use the water. i have stood in the Roo shower to see how much room is in it. There is more leg room in the corner shower and a little more room in the corner shower over all but it still is a little tight quarters in there. I imagine for me I will hope in get showered and jump out. For me it won't be a problem. I would rather take a shower in the Roo than the CG showers. Having my own bathroom is a big plus!

Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #3

I've never owned a PUP so I can't help there but I'm 6'6" and about 210lbs. The corner shower in our 23IKSS is not spacious but is definitely usable. I too prefer it to the campground showers. It's clean, the water is hot and it's all mine! When we have full hookups most of the family ends up using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
kpm

Ditto!
I'm 6'5" and while the shower in my Roo 23ss is not as spacious as I like...
It is much better and cleaner than some of the facility showers. Nothing like having your own. You just have to get a system or method for taking a shower in the smaller area. Kids may need assistance so they don't spray water everywhere on the floor and sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
I've never owned a PUP so I can't help there but I'm 6'6" and about 210lbs. The corner shower in our 23IKSS is not spacious but is definitely usable. I too prefer it to the campground showers. It's clean, the water is hot and it's all mine! When we have full hookups most of the family ends up using it.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #5

We had a wet bathroom on our Fleetwood hiwall pup. Only bad thing was the whole thing got wet including the toilet making is more of a job to squeege/wipe everything down to get rid of the water/moisture. Our hybrid had a corner shower and although tighter it was doable and alot less time consuming to squeege/wipe everything down.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #6

X2 on everything getting wet. The other consideration is grey water capacity. I have owned both a 2008 Niagara and a 23ss. Loved them both but for showering it's 23ss hands down. Add an oxygenics shower head and your in business.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #7

Thanks folks! All this input should help alleviate DW's concerns about the corner shower. And X3 on not having everything wet like in the PUP.

We plan to add the Oxygenics (per FRF users recommendations) as well as the extendable shower rod, corner splash guards & velcro, etc.

But honestly, I think having a "real" bathroom (with its own sink!) is such a huge jump up from the popup that it will more than offset any minor quibbles.

Now if I can just get DW to moderate her water usage! I can't tell you how many tons of water I have carried between our trailer and the bathrooms while doing our weekly stays in Yosemite over the last 7 years. I think you can tell where we have stayed by the well-worn paths between us and the sinks!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Taking Navy showers is amust if you are dry camping. I hear the new Oxygenics shower heads have a shut-off valve, instead of the trickle valve.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
rbq

Another big plus for the Roo over the PUP is that you always are towing a useable bathroom behind you so you can stop just about anywhere safe to use it.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #10

I am sooo looking forward to not having to sit on the toilet and lower my head to wash my hair! And not having to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink!

Tags
show, shower