Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #1

Cover Length-right at max, go larger?

Hello,

I have a 2008 Roo 23ss.

Anyone with this model year with a cover remember what length you bought?

I measure 22' from spare tire to longest part of box.

Anyway, my measurement is right in between cover sizes. Covers go 20-22' and 22'to 24'. Is a few feet of extra cover going to be annoying when trying to install the cover? Will the extra fabric cause problems?

Most covers have the feature built in to take up the slack, but just wondering since I might save a few bucks, too. :-)

thanks
gunrock
gunrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

My Adco is a bit longer than I would like. But, it makes it easy to put on and then cinch it up.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #3

Well, I am only looking at a few extra feet, so better to be safe than sorry with one that is slightly too short.

I am trying to decide between the adco tyvek cover and the classic accessories permapro.

They are similar in price and the permapro has a four year warranty. I have heard good things about adco customer service, but not much on CA.

I live in Iowa, we have harsh winters, so to cover or not aside, I'd rather err on the side of caution and hopefully prevent issues. :-)
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I think covers are useful. The nicest thing is that you have a clean trailer when Spring comes around.

One tip is to use tennis balls with an X cut into them for the drainspouts. Keeps the cover from ripping.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Always Learning

I've never covered, but I'd much rather deal with a little excess than be fighting snug/too small.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
I think covers are useful. The nicest thing is that you have a clean trailer when Spring comes around.

One tip is to use tennis balls with an X cut into them for the drainspouts. Keeps the cover from ripping.
Cool-thanks for the tip-that explains the rips in my in-laws cover. :-) -so which adco cover do you own? How has it held up? Have you had to deal with customer service?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrock View Post
Cool-thanks for the tip-that explains the rips in my in-laws cover. :-) -so which adco cover do you own? How has it held up? Have you had to deal with customer service?
As I recall, its the Tyvek Designer Series cover. Its held up very well and I recommend ADCO. The only time I dealt with their CS was in the beginning when I had questions about their product.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #8

Quote:

As I recall, its the Tyvek Designer Series cover. Its held up very well and I recommend ADCO. The only time I dealt with their CS was in the beginning when I had questions about their product.
Yeah the permapro has ripstop fabric and 4 year warranty, but I can't really find much on customer service and the few I have, I would not say they were horrible experiences, but not exactly stellar either...warranty don't mean much if you don't know they will stand by it or not.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

If you want a really long warranty, check out Calmark Covers. Custom, expensive and a 6-year warranty. I've heard good things.

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 08-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
If you want a really long warranty, check out Calmark Covers. Custom, expensive and a 6-year warranty. I've heard good things.
Lol I'm already having a hard enough time spending $300-especially if I can't have fun with it. :-)

CW has a good sale on both right now.

Tags
cover