Old 09-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
This is how I cover mine year round:

I sure wish I could do that for my pop up. I just do not have the land.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #32

for those who don,t use a cover and live in a sow belt area like i do . do you cover the a/c unit. this is my first winter with my ikss and was just wondering.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #33

We now use an ADCO cover here in Calgary. I assume our weather is similar to Denver, with a lot of dramatic freeze / thaw cycles caused by warm Chinook winds from the mountains.

Our previous Jayco hybrid suffered severe damage around the air conditioner, which I assume was caused by moisture melting and freezing around the gasket. We also like the protection from leaves and needles. We usually have to winterize and lay up the trailer well before most of the leaves have fallen, actually getting after winterization today, and we had mild sleet yesterday!. Our other concern with the Roo is getting freezing on the top bunk end gaskets, which are way more exposed than the Jayco design. We also figure the cover helps with UV degradation, which can be pretty intense at our ~4,000 ft altitude.

One essential tip (that we got from the forum) is to place drilled tennis balls over the rain gutter spouts to prevent wearing through the cover with the sharp ends. The ADCO strap system appears to fit and retain the cover very well, even from the wild west winds we get. There is a zippered portion to allow easy access to the door.

HTH

Stu
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugilmour View Post
We now use an ADCO cover here in Calgary. I assume our weather is similar to Denver, with a lot of dramatic freeze / thaw cycles caused by warm Chinook winds from the mountains.

Our previous Jayco hybrid suffered severe damage around the air conditioner, which I assume was caused by moisture melting and freezing around the gasket. We also like the protection from leaves and needles. We usually have to winterize and lay up the trailer well before most of the leaves have fallen, actually getting after winterization today, and we had mild sleet yesterday!. Our other concern with the Roo is getting freezing on the top bunk end gaskets, which are way more exposed than the Jayco design. We also figure the cover helps with UV degradation, which can be pretty intense at our ~4,000 ft altitude.

One essential tip (that we got from the forum) is to place drilled tennis balls over the rain gutter spouts to prevent wearing through the cover with the sharp ends. The ADCO strap system appears to fit and retain the cover very well, even from the wild west winds we get. There is a zippered portion to allow easy access to the door.

HTH

Stu
Wow! Sleet already. Wish it was cooler here today, but not that cool!
We just put our adco cover on for the first time yesterday to see how it fits. Haven't decided whether to store here at house or inside storage like we have last two winters. Thought I'd put it on since we won't be using her again til end of the month.
I do like the fit of the Adco, not difficult to put it on, straps seem to work well. We are using the tennis balls as others have suggested.
If anyone is interested, for those with the 23 series, the Adco 32841 model in the designer series fits very nice, even with the a/c and two of the ultra breeze vent covers on top.
Hope it holds up to the weather, we'll see.
Jim
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugilmour View Post

HTH

Stu
Yes. Calgary is similar to Denver but colder sooner. Thanks for the reinforcement of our decision to go with the ADCO. It should work great and we will use the tennis balls.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #36

Jimandchris adco cover works great used it for the last 2 winters !! Heading out to sterling this weekend and probably once in October
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441683695456.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	88095  
Attached Images

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #37

@dado39, sounds great. Working for a couple of weeks, going to Young SP at end of month. I will be going to Sterling at least once, maybe twice for fishing in October though. Maybe see you there again!
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #38
Site Team

http://classicaccessories.com/rv/rv-...-trailer-cover

Strong Light weight easy to install or remove.
Hands down the best cover I had. No rips or issues.

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, storage, winter