Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me about the awesome forest river grill spatula? I just found that in a drawer...that thing is pretty nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I thought it was a flyswatter/beer opener....
RooVader, do yourself a favor and get an O2Cool fan.
10-Inch Portable Fan - Fan Model FD10001A | O2COOL
They move more air....ALOT quieter and you can make an adapter to plug them into the bunk end power.

yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #22

Here's a mod idea I'm working on that would help with your fan issue. There are some EXTREMELY quiet 12 volt computer case fans that blow quit a bit of air. They have about a 6 inch blade. I'm working on a mount for various locations. BUT, some people run fans because they like the white noise as well as the air. A quiet fan may not suit your partner.

Edit: or the O2cool fan posted above.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #23

There are apps for iPhone just for ppl who need fan noise to sleep...lol... I am not kidding either

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 05-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #24

RooVader-I'm going to try attaching self made PUG's to this. It might work for yours. I found it on Pinterest. I'm sorry I don't know the Original Poster so I can give credit where credit is due.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Noodle gutter.jpg
Views:	3218
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	77901  
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #25

Thanks for the fan advice...for her it is entirely about the noise. She always has it on at home too. These are just so noisy. Do the ones you suggested still give some white noise?

Thanks for the pug suggestion...going to look at your info in just a bit.

So far the theme of day 4 is the ship is taking on water and it is up to me, the human sponge, to fight the good fight.

I am facing a paper towel shortage that threatens to turn the tide of this war and not in my favor. Hey good Sam...is paper towel delivery part of your elite member coverage? I am about to give roo the shirt off of my back...literally...to use as a sponge.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #26

Sorry to hear about the water!...hope you can fix that
Old 05-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #27

Well, still holding out hope that my canvas is like my cooking...too little seasoning!

To quote sir William Wallace, they will take my dryness, but they will never take...my freedom!

In a positive turn of events, I found a bunch of those silica anti-moisture packs in the boxes of some of my new camping accessories. I am considering a human mod where I glue those to my body and roll around on the wet mattresses.

I am in the business is problem-solving...and business is good.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #28

Packed ours up in the rain today because I have to work tomorrow. But I tell you what much easier the packing the popup up in the rain. No water instead and no leaks. Thumbs up
Old 05-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #29

Day 1 with Roo: the takeaways so far.

I concluded day 4 of ownership with a pack up in the rain. Not ideal but not entirely awful. Here are a few thoughts that might benefit other future hybrid owners.

The decision to take a lightweight stepladder was gold. I would not have been able to attach the stock pugs very well without them. Maybe with future mods this will be less important. Of more importance though was the ability to climb up and towel off the slide roof. I really liked what I saw up there as the water pooled away from the camper and was running off nicely. I actually feel pretty good about going without slide toppers on my small slide dk. A pretty easy task with the ladder.

We purchased a patio rug designed for beaches that allows sand to fall through but not come back up. I assumed a gimmick but I assumed wrong. This thing stayed pretty clean and dried out relatively quickly.

I realize for the pros out there this is a non-issue but for a rainy day rook like me I really really appreciated the fully open bunk end of this model (I know other models share the design). Not only do I absolutely love the open, spacious feeling it provides but it also has a very practical value. When closing up wet bunks, or really anytime for that matter, we found the front to be far easier than the back with the half wall. My wife was able to work both sides from the inside and we could easily deal with any drips. I strongly considered the bd and consider it a great model but there are practical advantages to a fully open bunk beyond aesthetics and a great place to hang and still be part of the room.

I realize most do not have this option but really loving the fact that I rent indoor storage. In a shrewd move that implies intelligence far beyond reality, my decision to rent an extra 3 feet so I can open the wet bunks to dry...well, the value is far greater than the 9 dollars extra per month.

My pathway over tailgater was good and bad. Good because I could hit the east birds, no shot at the west. Bad because I miscalculated and it is too large to travel in the tub. Bummer. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have gone tailgater and simply use it if I could. I may consider selling and switching down the road.

The dk entertainment wall is fantastic and I was dead wrong in my negative, pre-ownership view of it. The shelf is perfect for sat receiver, the cubby above is such a perfect place for keys, wallets, cd's and several storm trooper figures to guard the goods. The top shelf gives you connectivity, guts, and keeps cords contained behind the TV. Great use of small space fr design team.

Use the vent fan method to pull those tents in. Why wouldn't you? Here is a pro tip for free. If you stand outside and pretend you are using the force to push them in, straining a little under the tension of it all...it really helps sell it. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Speaking of great power, I have to again state that the combo of ecoboost, equal-I-zer and roo almost seem like they were designed together. Well, assuming the truck is roovader black of course as that gives a few extra horses I am pretty sure. It just tows like a dream. This hitch has to be 3 times faster to hitch/unhitch versus my chain and friction days...or as I like to call them, the uncivilized days. It used to take me 4 or 5 attempts to back into storage with a 28 footer. The 21 footer slid in there like it had a Death Star tractor beam on it.

So the shakedown cruise is complete. Yes, there was a disturbance in the force. I had water and wet beds. No, I am not freaking out about it. It was pretty intense while battling it but I will get it back out there in a week or two and take inventory. I am hoping a good percentage of it was inadequate seasoning but we will see. Even after the waterworld battles and the wet pack up and the blender fans I would still walk to the store tomorrow and buy the same model again. There are just so many great things and being able so sleep with the outside in (or is it inside out?) makes everything a great adventure. I have learned so much from the great community here so hopefully sharing experiences helps someone else down the line.

Camping day 5 is around the corner...

Old 05-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Thanks for the fan advice...for her it is entirely about the noise. She always has it on at home too. These are just so noisy. Do the ones you suggested still give some white noise?

Thanks for the pug suggestion...going to look at your info in just a bit.

So far the theme of day 4 is the ship is taking on water and it is up to me, the human sponge, to fight the good fight.

I am facing a paper towel shortage that threatens to turn the tide of this war and not in my favor. Hey good Sam...is paper towel delivery part of your elite member coverage? I am about to give roo the shirt off of my back...literally...to use as a sponge.

What about tarps over the ends just to keep you dry until the monsoon is over

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Tags
roo