Old 05-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #31

@ RooVader, sounds like a successful trip! Keep the faith, I thought I had successfully seasoned the bunk ends last spring before our maiden voyage. Wow, was I wrong on that one. Had a several hour downpour the first night, as you did, I was up in the middle of the night with a flashlight looking at the seepage coming in. That was the last time we've had any leaks and have been in several downpours since with no issues. Enjoyed reading your "diary" this weekend!

Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #32

Kate ...Thanks for the noodle idea...It may fix my homemade PUG problem.

RooVader... Our ends leaked several times in the first week while it sat open and rained everyday at the house...couple trips a day looking and mopping....and Lexell treated every staple spot I could see. From everything I could find it takes several wet dry cycles, and seems to have worked on ours...
The entertainment center....It seems to be a continuous of source negative entertainment for us. Don't keep anything on that shelve that can slide or fall out while traveling....It ends up behind the slide out...
We moved the TV out yesterday to watch the race, and discovered more issues and misinformation about the system from the salesman....I'll be looking into the HDMI Mod someone here done.
Your choice for the inside storage in nice, If we come home wet its set back up in the yard until dry.
Glad to here the Force was with you......

yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #33

Day 1 with Roo: the takeaways so far.

Thanks guys...at first it seemed like one defective spot bubbling up around the door but the more I watched the more I realized it was coming in from multiple areas and dripping into the tracks and pooling in the corners. I am hoping that is at least a large part of the problem...simple seasoning. It is hard to really simulate a rain with the hose. I appreciate hearing your experience and I am going to definitely give it a few more times and watch it before trying to diagnose any problems.

I am confused by the pool noodle even after seeing the photo. How would you attach the pug to the noodle? Does the noodle just stay hooked under the ridge?

What happened with your outside tv setup that was disappointing, just curious?

I put the dish receiver in the wardrobe when traveling but I will check how the things in the cubby survived the trip. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #34

You roo vader are hilarious. Congrats on the new camper. The force is strong in this one I see.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #35

Thanks McMulty...I am really not very funny but I did stay in a holiday roo last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
What happened with your outside tv setup that was disappointing, just curious?
Ditto... and do you have any details about the HDMI mod you referenced?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #37

We no longer have a hybrid, but I used homemade PUGS and attached them to the top drip edge using binder clips.

Those worked great for 3 seasons and a couple of times, I forgot to remove them before closing it up!!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #38

I just don't trust clamping them to the drip edge because I think it would compress/deform the seal and I don't want to do that. If I had the older style with the gutters I would clip to that for sure. I had an idea of using bungee balls around the clamping mechanism at the sides of the door but those clamp rods seem really flimsy.

I might try stronger clamps just sort of clamped onto the canvas trim near the top but that is less than ideal. It really seems like the velcro is the best long term. I have been having trouble finding velcro without the sticky side to sew to the pugs but I haven't had a chance to look extensively.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #39

Quote:
.....I have been having trouble finding velcro without the sticky side to sew to the pugs but I haven't had a chance to look extensively.
Try a fabric store or the fabric department in Walmart.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Thanks for the fan advice...for her it is entirely about the noise. She always has it on at home too. These are just so noisy. Do the ones you suggested still give some white noise?

Thanks for the pug suggestion...going to look at your info in just a bit.

So far the theme of day 4 is the ship is taking on water and it is up to me, the human sponge, to fight the good fight.

I am facing a paper towel shortage that threatens to turn the tide of this war and not in my favor. Hey good Sam...is paper towel delivery part of your elite member coverage? I am about to give roo the shirt off of my back...literally...to use as a sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sounds like you forgot to add your R2 unit as part of your checklist

Tags
roo