Old 05-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #61

Sorry, should have added when you swing the bars out, pull from as far at the ends as possible away from the truck...gives you more leverage. They are going to be stiff as that is part of your sway control.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Yevaton were you thinking of adding directly at the front of the shelf cabinet below the stereo?

I tend to like a lot of different music All the more reason to plan a few trips to a few state parks .
There were 2 shelf mods, wanted to add a few inches to the bathroom shelf, with the stereo I was thinking about moving the IRV unit to one side and open the other side to make a cubby for CDs, DVDs. But after a pack of DVDs slid behind the slide out trim I'm rethinking that one.

Music..... I can enjoy about everything but Rap and Opera, But prefer to drag out the Banjo and sit around the fire.

yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #63
Summer2Go

Yes, I did all that. When they hitched at the dealership, the car was on the gravel, and the camper on the pavement about 2" higher. I had the same thing when I got home, so I thought maybe that might have contributed. The bars were in the air above the brackets, the pins out of the forward end, and the bars were just plain stuck in the hitch. Now that they are out I can see some of the paint is scratched off where it fit in the hitch. Unless someone here knows a fix, I'll have to try the utility trailer people close to me and see what they think.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #64

I think the scratches are normal and expected. I had them as well. Hmmm, sorry...probably a good idea to check with someone. Frustrating if the hitch experience is bad.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:49 AM   #65

Paint getting scratched off at the friction points is normal. Equalizer recommends touching up with paint as part of the maintenance.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #66

I am guessing bolts over torqued. I need to lean into mine to swing them out but it's no big deal.

Pug mod supplies are in. I have two mod approaches and will decide which is easier.

Wednesday I gots me a date with a kangaroo named vader, a couple pugs, a custom playlist and a whole lotta suction cups. Allow some space if you are camping next to me, it is about to get crazy.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #67

Ok, my first round of suction pug flamed out so horrifically it was almost comical. 50 pound suction capacity my arse! Round 1 dissolved into pugs in a pile at the end of roo, and fat tire cans in a pile at the end of me.

On a positive note, two thumbs up for my addition of a single x-chock. Highest recommendation if you aren't already using them. I might add a second, might not.

Heading to work and storms expected. Without captain sponge on patrol I am more than a little nervous.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #68

The storms just fell apart so no test...weekend looks perfect so I am going to try mod attempt 2 tomorrow.

So on day 6 and to this point I am finding the layout of the 21dk just about perfect. I would like a sofa, sure, but really like the cozy feel and large bathroom. One observation that would make this unit a slam dunk would be if the kitchen window ran the whole length of the counter. I am camped right on the river with views on all 3 sides. Sitting here at the dinette I can't imagine how the view would be if just a little more panoramic.

85 and high humidity so I tested the 13.5k air conditioner and it seemed just fine. I was a bit worried I didn't upgrade that but seems fine. The roo clearly felt like celebrating as it showered me with confetti. Nice touch my friend!

After switching all the vents to point where I expect my fragile wife to sleep I shut that ac off. Last night as a solo camper and I am more lizard than Sith Lord. Bring on the humidity!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
The roo clearly felt like celebrating as it showered me with confetti. Nice touch my friend!

Mine did that too

2015 Nights Camping: 39
2016 Reserved: 23
Davylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #70

Ours got the PDI guy during the walk thru.....

yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo