Old 06-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #1

Delamination

My '07 Roo 19 is showing bubbles in one side panel that appears to be delamination. Any other experiences of this reported? If so have you needed to/managed to repair?

Fred

Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

it's always advisable to post pics of what you're talking about. that makes it easier to actually see what you're talking about and give good advice.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Campfire Starter

I saw something similar to this on a 2007 21ss shamrock I looked on a dealer lot. It was inside on the ceiling above the slide. Kept me from buying the unit but didn't look that bad, structurally. I couldn't understand what caused it. Didn't look like water damage, I just moved on disappointed. Now we buying a new Rockwood Roo 233s. Hope that problem is fixed. It was the only trailer I saw with that type of damage????.

Doug '71 n Deb 'better not'
DS1 '98 DS2 '99 DD '04
2000 Coleman Utah, since '05 replaced with
2011 Rockwood Roo 233s
2002 F150 FX4 SuperCab
Fx4dugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #4

I have a 2009 Roo 17 and had to have both bunk ends replaced for the same issue. Nothing but problems on this issue. The Factory did send us two new ends and the dealer installed but not after lots of haggling. Also one mattress got moldy and the factory did not want to replace but the dealer came through on getting us a new mattress. This was all done in December and when I opened the camper in May found out the dealer never installed the mattress snaps for when folding up and towing. Can anyone tell me the location of the mattress snaps so I can install them myself?
I will never buy another Hybrid just because of the sealing issues and I even bought an extended contract and the water leaking and delamination issue were not covered.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4dugan
I saw something similar to this on a 2007 21ss shamrock I looked on a dealer lot. It was inside on the ceiling above the slide. Kept me from buying the unit but didn't look that bad, structurally. I couldn't understand what caused it. Didn't look like water damage, I just moved on disappointed. Now we buying a new Rockwood Roo 233s. Hope that problem is fixed. It was the only trailer I saw with that type of damage????.
The damage I have experienced is external where there is a large bubble in the fibreglass laminate in two places beginning at the roof line. In one case about 4 square feet, the other a little smaller. I have been told that Aluminum exteriors are a better choice for that reason.

While I enjoy our Roo, I am disappointed in the overall quality of some construction.

Much of the black painted steel has shown rust very quickly.

Cabinetry veneers inside are peeling or chip very easily.

Cable to tow vehicle failed very early on.

For the price, I was disappointed with quality.

I have wondered if the Jay Feather and other makers have similar issues.

With the price of gasoline these days and the need to keep my Envoy primarily as a tow vehicle, I have wondered about the generation of tear drops that can be towed by a much smaller vehicle.

Fred