Old 05-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
Delamination: Best way to proceed?

I have had water damage to the front bunk end door and the back end of my 2010 Roo 17. I was hoping someone could help share their experience on the best way to approach getting these issues fixed. I purchased this unit used from the Oklahoma City Camping World last November. I did not notice this damage at that time. It seems to have progressed rapidly. There is no visible damage to the interior other than the inside of the bunk door.
I purchased the extended warranty from CW but it seems that only covers equipment. What are my options to get repairs? Does my camper insurance cover water damage? Where would be the best place to get repairs? There is one local dealer that sells Rockwoods but the service doesn't seem great at 3 of the local RV dealers.
We love our Roo and want to get these issues fixed ASAP as we go camping at least once a month. I have attached pictures of some of the damage and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9531.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	77604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9534.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	77605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9465.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	77606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9342.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	77607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9346.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	77608  

OKC Thunder Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou
I would call the factory rep and make an appointment to get it repaired there.
That way you know it was done right and they typically will fix anything else they see as a good will gesture.

It will be worth the trip IMO.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #3
Agree with above. Dealer could replace bunk door on front but factory is only place i know of that could fix rest. Please see exactly what your warranty coverage is because it's used. If nothing is covered, go through insurance.
2006 Roo 23B hybrid

1999 Chevy Silverado Ext cab 4.8L with tow package
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I am about 12 hours from the factory so two 24 hour round trips to drop off and pick up aren't practical for me. I'll have to try my insurance and wait for the dreadful slow service at the local dealer. I'll be upset if I have to miss any planned trips!
OKC Thunder Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 AM   #5
As someone who has had my Roo back to the factory several times, I would recommend sending it to them. They built it, they know it and they can fix it properly. I would suggest looking into transport...maybe even one way? If you're going the insurance route, see if you can build transportation costs into the estimate. The factory will give it the most thorough inspection and repair vs the dealer. Just some more food for thought Good luck!

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
2008 Chevy Express 3500 Explorer Conversion
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote