Old 07-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #1

Disappointed

We are starting to be a little disappointed in out 2015 23ss Shamrock, we have had several little things go wrong. We had a water leak in one of the bunks, the plumbing leak which we would have never noticed if we hadn't been park on a concrete pad, knob off a drawer was missing and it took the dealership forever to get us one. The dealership did make everything right but now the air conditioning doesn't work!! We can't get in until July 17th we had to cancel a trip. The charging station also does not work. We just purchased our camper in March...

Old 07-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

While my air isn't perfect and am working on it, what are you dealing with?

Maybe somebody can assist with your ac here on the forum if you describe what is taking place.

I live in Houston, which is hot and humid this time a year. The coils freeze up on me at times, and while frustrating when it happens, I know what to do.

What kind of water leaks? Repaired I hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #3

Yes water leak was repaired as well as the black tank leak. Dealership took care of us. The fans will run but no cool air at first we thought maybe it was frozen, but that's not it, my husband thinks it my be the compressor and if it is it is still under warranty. It's just disappointing. We had a new ti us pop up for over 10 years and not one problem. I had done alot of research on HTT and we chose forest river, we thought we made the right choice.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

The water leak was at as I call the front bunk one of the top corners ran down the side and under the bunk. They to the bunk material off and put back on and resealed it. So far so good
Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #5

If I were you, I wouldn't second guess the purchase of a Forest River product. Your problems, while aggravating, are somewhat typical of any rv purchase. Check the forums of any other manufacturer and I think you will find their initial quality is lower than FR. I did a lot of research before we bought our 23ikss and came to the conclusion that, while no manufacturer is perfect, FR seems to take better care of their customers than other companies. And don't discount the role the dealer plays in keeping you happy. Sounds like they are working with you. Hopefully these issues will be corrected soon and you can get back out. Good luck.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #6

Thanks we live our HHT just a little disappointed. Colerain is taking care of us no worries there. They are trying to get it right. I also did a lot of research that why we went with The Shamrock 23ss. Just seems like there is always something.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant

Pretty typical of today's RV industry.
Consider yourself lucky that they aren't major issues.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #8

I have to agree with jking46. If the dealer had prepped it as they should, I believe that everything would be in working order. We would never know that there was an issue. Unfortunately, it is the manufacturer that always gets the blame. I am not saying that they don't make mistakes but we need to hold the dealers more accountable.
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #9

Keep me posted on your success with repairing your 23ss . I also bought from Coleraine and so far am very satisfied. Any issues we have had are minor compared to yours so I would be very interested in seeing how they respond to something more difficult.

2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote