Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #1

Do I need to add more blue stuff?

We are new to RV camping and I could use some advice about the grey and black water tanks. We went camping a few weeks ago. After we emptied the grey and black water tanks, we were advised to add 1 gallon of water with 2 ounces of the blue enzyme stuff to each tank. We were told this would then slosh around in the tanks and help clean and deodorize them on the drive home. We will be leaving on Sept. 27th for a weekend of camping. Do I need to add more of the blue enzyme and water to get the tanks ready for the weekend? Is what I put in a few weeks ago still good?
Hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #2

It would not hurt anything.
You could wait and see it what is in the tank still works and then add more if you smell a problem.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome!

Just a suggestion, but you might want to search here on the site for the GEOmethod. I think this is better than the blue stuff.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #4

Thank you both. I will look in to the GEOmethod. I did a quick search and that sounds like its pretty easy too!
Hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #5

No problem.
Just use what you want, if you just have the sample pack use it first and then try the Geo after you buy the stuff you need.

At the end of the trip no matter what you use the only IMPORTANT thing is that your tanks are clean and you are happy.