Old 02-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge View Post
Hope to order this weekend. CW appears willing to match my offers and are right in line with my rv direct quote so who knows. They are a half hour from where I work so if they are close on price it is worth it.
WoW sponge, you can knock all 6'-5" and 280# of me over with a feather with this! My wife and I had very, very different experiences with CW trailer sales in NY, PA, and SC when shopping last year to replace our 21SS. I finally got to the meat of it with two of the sales managers and it was the same story where they have to be with margins, and they simply couldn't match pricing as a result. Not even with us being cash buyers! Their needed margin was twice that of any independent dealer in the end, and CW's "best price" was generally the "lot price" of the independents with units we wanted! Ultimately, we bought exactly what we wanted down to the last option off the lot of an independent dealer 5.5 hrs from us for a couple hundred bucks over their cost, and we actually had our pick from two dealers at the same price point. Regardless of our experience, if you are getting that kind of deal from CW and they are that close to you there's no good reason not to!!!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #22

Yeah, I was pretty surprised and I don't doubt your experience at all. I guess I will believe it when we actually have the order in, lol!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge View Post
Thanks all. The one unit in all of their camping world inventory is close to what I want...just a few things I would do different. I am not wanting to pay thousands more for a few preferences...but I would pay a few hundred more. Several dealers are saying prices are going up so better off not ordering.

Fair point about it sitting outside either way.

Has anyone seen cherry cabinets with wood look floor? Is it a clash? I am assuming hickory is better if I go wood floor look?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
We chose cherry with the regular tile floor. I had the same thought of a clash. I am happy with the cherry and green look tile floor. But you have to make that choice as I did.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #24

Smile ROO 21dk

We ordered our 2015 21 dk over the phone from Direct RV and then drove to NY to pick it up. We got a very good deal compared to any on the lots around here. Plus we got the options we wanted. It dies have duct ac but you also have the option of running the ac thru the vent on the unit which will cool you down faster. We didn't get to use it as much as we wanted before we had to winterize but are planning on taking the grand kids camping in March. Good luck, I hope you like your ROO as much as we do.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #25

Thanks again. Have you guys seen the metropolitan dinette? I can't tell if it is gray or charcoal or what. Some pics it looks almost black and in some more gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 PM   #26
Moderators' Assistant

We bought our new 2007 Roo 23SS, from a Chicago dealer, who had on clearance before winter set in.
I had researched prices for months including RVW and RVDirect, so I knew what an ordered one would cost.
because we bought it off the lot and it was in Oct., we got it for about $3000 cheaper than ordering it. It cost us $14,500 new.
IMHO, you should always bbe able to one off the lot, than ordering one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:17 PM   #27

Sponge...I was able to get CW to match my RVDirect quote apples to apples and paid the exact quote from RVDirect and I didn't have to drive a long way to pick it up. My CW is only 30 miles away vs driving up to Des Moines. RVDirect delivers to Des Moines and I think their delivery charge was built into the quote, either way you can try to get CW to match RVDirect or just order it from RVDirect and make the short drive over from Cedar Rapids.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
My wife and I had very, very different experiences with CW trailer sales in NY, PA, and SC when shopping last year to replace our 21SS. I finally got to the meat of it with two of the sales managers and it was the same story where they have to be with margins, and they simply couldn't match pricing as a result. Not even with us being cash buyers! Their needed margin was twice that of any independent dealer in the end, and CW's "best price" was generally the "lot price" of the independents with units we wanted!
I believe CW dealers are independent franchises, so it's not surprising they would have varying price structures. I'm sure some of them have a ton of overhead, but they also must serious leverage on prices from the factory with their volumes.

And if RV sales are anything like car sales, being a cash buyer at a dealer isn't necessarily an advantage. Dealers make money on financing. I know a couple car dealers and they have told me to never say I'm paying cash. There advice is to say "I'll look at your financing and see how it compares."

RV prices seem to vary a lot by region too. So Sponge, make your best deal and get what you want and don't look back.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #29

I just told them what I wanted to pay which was in line with another dealership that lists prices online, and was actually 200 less than RV Direct and they said they would. Thanks for all the advice, it seems like it will work out unless they pull a fast one on Saturday. I could probably get a Flagstaff off the lot locally for the same price but I kind of like the Roo's exterior graphics a bit better and I can get the wood look floor I want. If it was already camping season I would probably not have the patience to order, lol.

RooVader should be official on Saturday. Cautiously very excited!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
I believe CW dealers are independent franchises, so it's not surprising they would have varying price structures. I'm sure some of them have a ton of overhead, but they also must serious leverage on prices from the factory with their volumes.

And if RV sales are anything like car sales, being a cash buyer at a dealer isn't necessarily an advantage. Dealers make money on financing. I know a couple car dealers and they have told me to never say I'm paying cash. There advice is to say "I'll look at your financing and see how it compares."

RV prices seem to vary a lot by region too. So Sponge, make your best deal and get what you want and don't look back.
CW camper sales is actually a bit of an odd model as explained to me by the sales manager in PA and then the same story from the one in SC. CW, believe it or not, doesn't have tremendous buying power with FR. They are a drop in the bucket in numbers compared to RVW and RV, but even to the likes of Tom Johnsons. They do carry more classes and in more places than any other though. I also agree there's huge regional variation - we even found Florida is its own distinct region based on our shopping. Granted, a nice chunk of the variation is directly attributable to unit delivery cost from the factory. Oh, and believe me, given my experience and how I approach negotiation they don't know that I'm shopping cash or with an approved credit line till I want them to know.

Regardless of my experience with CW, it sounds like sponge is coming out exactly where he wants to be on his new Roo! Do let us know how it works out!