Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #1

Does the 23RS have any issues with condensation?

We are a family of four, two adults and two boys 5 and 3, and a Golden. We are looking at the 23RS but not sure how good the slide out is. Does the bed area stay warm and doesn't get condensation build up? How well is the insulation to the slide bunk area? The other option is the 2306 but it seems a bit small and I like that the 23RS gets the bed out of the way.
dblaettler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

I have owned a couple of hybrid units and both had condenstion issues under the beds and the tent fabric. We always kept the tent end zipper open a bit even in cold weather to let the moisture out. The more people you have the more moisture you get inside the camper. leaving the roof vent open also helps.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Site Team

the 23RS is not a hybrid, but an expandable. no canvas, so it won't have the same issues.
the 23RS won't be any different than any other TT with a bed slideout. it just happens to be on the rear, instead of the side like most TTs.
condensation in a TT results from poor ventilation and high furnace usage inside.

it bugs me that the manufacturers don't include rear bed slide TTs with the conventional TTs. if you used their logic, any RV with a bed slideout, is an "expandable".
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Did you find your answer? I also am looking to purchace the 23rs and slide condensation is my biggest concern.
lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucar View Post
Did you find your answer? I also am looking to purchace the 23rs and slide condensation is my biggest concern.
the chances of the bed slide, on the 23RS, aren't any different than any slideout on any RV, no matter whether it's on the rear or the side.
to worry about the rear bed slideout on the 23RS, having condensation, would be industry-wide for any slideout.

condensation occurs in the canvas bed ends of the Roo/Shamrock hybrids, not the Roo/Shamrock expandables.

i have no clue why condensation is being associated with the 23RS and other trailers like it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #6

Bikendan is right, there's no reason to expect to have condensation problems with a 23RS versus any other non-hybrid TT with a slide. I have the 21RS and have never had problems with condensation other than condensation on the windows from the difference in temperature inside vs outside. Nothing the fantastic fan won't solve!

To address the other questions from the OP, we're a family of four that camp in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta from May thru October, and we've always been warm at night, even when the temperature dips slightly below 0 celcius.

We love our Roo 21RS, only downside is the purist in me misses sleeping under canvas... But the trailer more than makes up for it in other ways (including keeping my wife happy!)
Nights camped in 2014:29 | 2013:33 | 2012:32 | 2011:33 | 2010:30
RockyMtnHigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23rs