Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #1

Dometic Slide Topper Deluxe or Elite?

Like many, I wish that I had odered our 2015 23ss with a slide topper when we purchased the unit last year. After a full season under my belt, I think it's time to get one. Dometic appears to be the manufacture of choice. Other than the canopy color options with the Elite, the Elite has the metal weathershield.

Is the weathershield worth the upcharge of around $100? Anyone have any good or bad feedback with either model?

Thanks
nipmuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #2

All my awnings have had the weather shield but none of my slide toppers have had the weather shield and have never had an issue with them. I've had Dometic slide toppers for 15 years without incident.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #3

I have Dometic Slide Topper on my 2015 Roo 23IKSS works perfectly and rain dump works well, I do not have the shield but have a cover for the winter to protect entire RV

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
Site Team

We put a Deluxe on our 23SS nearly 8 years ago and it still works great.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Blue Ridge 3600

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipmuck View Post
Like many, I wish that I had odered our 2015 23ss with a slide topper when we purchased the unit last year. After a full season under my belt, I think it's time to get one. Dometic appears to be the manufacture of choice. Other than the canopy color options with the Elite, the Elite has the metal weathershield.

Is the weathershield worth the upcharge of around $100? Anyone have any good or bad feedback with either model?

Thanks
We purchased the Elite in black. Great addition and worth the $100 just in the way they look. American RV Sales in California had the best price by far. Shipping was free. We have one that is 14' that pools a little water when it rains abnormally hard like it has this month (in Texas). I solved that by using a PVC support under the cover. They are great otherwise.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billg View Post
We purchased the Elite in black. Great addition and worth the $100 just in the way they look. American RV Sales in California had the best price by far. Shipping was free. We have one that is 14' that pools a little water when it rains abnormally hard like it has this month (in Texas). I solved that by using a PVC support under the cover. They are great otherwise.

I used a rubber ball like a kids inflated one from Target put in the middle and keeps water off to either end and just need a broom handle to push it under and push it out when done. I found this idea from someone in PA Dutch Country when we visited Thousand Trails CG last Fall easy to carry around too, just have to remember to get it out before sliding slide

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
dometic, slide