Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 413
This is what the slope looks like on my driveway.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464009524.165947.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	108692


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Archicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Whitewater, WI
Posts: 90
[QUOTE=Archicamper;1203759]This is what the slope looks like on my driveway.Attachment 108692


Do you put the front stabilizers down?
__________________

__________________
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post


Do you put the front stabilizers down?
They are so far from the ground that I don't have enough lego block to reach them!
__________________
2015 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Archicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #24
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
They are so far from the ground that I don't have enough lego block to reach them!
As you can see from my picture earlier in this thread, I made up some 15" high blocks by cutting some pressure treated 2x10s into 10" squares and stacking and screwing them together. If your tongue jack is extended out very far, the trailer will be a lot more stable if you can use the stabilizers.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 413
I'll take a look at making something like that for my stabilizers. My bigger concern is how the rear tire gets compressed and the front tire appears to be taking much less load.
__________________
2015 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Archicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:10 PM   #26
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
I'll take a look at making something like that for my stabilizers. My bigger concern is how the rear tire gets compressed and the front tire appears to be taking much less load.
You could put some boards or plastic levelling blocks under the front tires to transfer some weight to the front axle.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:13 PM   #27
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
As you can see from my picture earlier in this thread, I made up some 15" high blocks by cutting some pressure treated 2x10s into 10" squares and stacking and screwing them together. If your tongue jack is extended out very far, the trailer will be a lot more stable if you can use the stabilizers.
Correction: My stacked boards are 9" high (6 x 1.5" nominal)
__________________
itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:56 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,360
If one fears.... You could anchor a plate...many types available in the concrete and attach a safety chain to it. Just in case. If I had an issue I would certainly do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Orland Park, IL
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
You could put some boards or plastic levelling blocks under the front tires to transfer some weight to the front axle.
I like that idea but I need to figure out the logistics. As you can see from the picture, I am tight to my house and tight to the sidewalk. The ideal way to get the front wheel on the block would be to put the wood in front of the wheel and drive onto the blocks. Backing onto the blocks is more of a challenge!

I guess I need an outline of the blocks on the driveway like a body so I know where the blocks need to be before I back the camper up the driveway!
__________________
2015 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Archicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #30
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archicamper View Post
I like that idea but I need to figure out the logistics. As you can see from the picture, I am tight to my house and tight to the sidewalk. The ideal way to get the front wheel on the block would be to put the wood in front of the wheel and drive onto the blocks. Backing onto the blocks is more of a challenge!

I guess I need an outline of the blocks on the driveway like a body so I know where the blocks need to be before I back the camper up the driveway!
Can you fit a 2x6 or 2x8 between the front and rear tires and back the front tires up onto that? If not, you could just paint a dot on the side of the driveway where the board needs to sit (based on its current position), then back up over the board until the front tires sit on the board. Just have a spotter to make sure you don't back up too far and to make sure your front tires are sitting on the board.

If you're thinking about some kind of ramp for the front tires, that would be more difficult to keep the coupler behind the sidewalk.
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.