Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Old Fella
Electric Tongue Jack

Looking for some advice. I want to order a tongue jack, Barker VIP 3,500, however here's my dilemma, the 3,500 comes with a 2.25" shaft and the hole in the A frame on the Roo 23SS that we have on order is 2" (received word today that she goes on the line on the 19th.) I've investigated the possibility of combining a 2 and 2.5" hole saws, however that could be quite onerous. The same for grinding out the hole. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could get one from Barker fitted with a 2" shaft, however they're priced over $100 more than I can get elsewhere.

Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
Look into a smaller jack. 2500 or 3000 is plenty, you'll be lifting less than 1000. It'll be easier to find a smaller diameter outer shaft that way.

2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Old Fella
I can use the Barker 3,000, however the reason I wanted to use a 3,500 was because I've had 3,500 jacks on our two previous trailers and it worked okay except it struggled liftIng the back of the Tundra to take the weight off the chains on the weight distribution chains. The lower tongue weight should help. I've always where possible leaned towards using something that does the job easily rather than something that is just adequate. Especially when the unit with larger capacity is only a few dollars more.
Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote