Old 08-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #31
Site Team

I use electric only with dw and I, unless it's unavailable. Save your propane. If you need more hot water, turn on both. (Multiple showers back to back)
Also, carry a small cube heater for chilly nights. Again, save your propane.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #32

Been using electricity the past 2 days. Works great. We do need to get a heater before our next trip. All in all things are working out great.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd1343 View Post
The water heater is plugged into a regular 110 outlet. It is the only outlet on the 15 amp circuit. It is just a matter of unplugging it from the outlet and plugging it into the extension cord.

The additional outlet on the post is just a regular 20 amp outlet, nothing special. Modern posts have a 50 amp/220 outlet, a 30 amp/110 outlet and the 20 amp/110 volt outlet. All have separate breakers.
This may or may not work depending on how the campground is wired. For example a campground that I stay at often has 30A /20A pedestals Three sites are then run through a 100A breaker in a sub panel. If all three sites used both the 30A and the 20A outlet to close to full capacity, they would trip the breaker upstream. I say this because I have seen it happen when three large units ran AC and other items on the 30A and then connected griddles and coffee pots to the 20A.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
This may or may not work depending on how the campground is wired. For example a campground that I stay at often has 30A /20A pedestals Three sites are then run through a 100A breaker in a sub panel. If all three sites used both the 30A and the 20A outlet to close to full capacity, they would trip the breaker upstream. I say this because I have seen it happen when three large units ran AC and other items on the 30A and then connected griddles and coffee pots to the 20A.
Sounds like it has been working fine for him.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
What you say is true. When an apartment building or camp ground or other large system is designed, there is a formula used to determine what size electrical service to provide based on projected need. The two numbers are never the same. The formula may say that you only need to provide 70 or 80 percent of the projected load/demand. So if you have 150 amps of possible maximum need it may work out that you only need to provide 100 amps of service. They figure the chances of maxing out the load are small.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
Sounds like it has been working fine for him.
And it has worked out fine for me so far. Maybe just lucky.

cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, heater, water, water heater