Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Waterdown, Hamilton
Posts: 24
Ours valve is located next to the tank, so, I will open it before leaving and let it run til empty
Tinker Toy
__________________

__________________
TinkerToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Is that true in all states/provinces/parishes?
The (Law) they use when they (Pull you Over) is (Unsecure Load) if you are hauling it and (IT) falls on the roadway be it (Logs/Trash/Tires/Mulch/Water) it is a UNSECURE LOAD! They (SHP) use this LAW all the time in the (Cold) months to (Ticket) water haulers who spill/drip/slosh/leak Water on the ROADWAY! Fact not Fiction! PS be riding a Motorcycle down a DRY road in the summer and then come into a Curve where someone has DUMPED Water,you will know why its NOT good to Dump! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #23
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 6,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The (Law) they use when they (Pull you Over) is (Unsecure Load) if you are hauling it and (IT) falls on the roadway be it (Logs/Trash/Tires/Mulch/Water) it is a UNSECURE LOAD! They (SHP) use this LAW all the time in the (Cold) months to (Ticket) water haulers who spill/drip/slosh/leak Water on the ROADWAY! Fact not Fiction! PS be riding a Motorcycle down a DRY road in the summer and then come into a Curve where someone has DUMPED Water,you will know why its NOT good to Dump! Youroo!!
Thanks. I wasn't asking whether it's a good idea to (dump) water on the road. I was asking if it is truly (against) the law everywhere or just some states, provinces, parishes. You say 'They (SHP) use this law....' I assume SHP means State Highway Patrol (and) I was asking if this is true for all states. I'm (asking) if your "Fact not Fiction" applies to all states.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 3,692
I would be real unhappy if I were driving down the HWY in a clean car or MH and someone was dumping water in front of me !!! Save it for your lawn !!!
__________________
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I would be real unhappy if I were driving down the HWY in a clean car or MH and someone was dumping water in front of me !!! Save it for your lawn !!!
I guess you've never had someone throw a cup of ice, soda, or coffee out the window, or had overspray from someone's windshield washers. Water is water and a small trickle from underneath the trailer shouldn't be such a cause for concern. Even worse is sucking in exhaust fumes from those diesel pushers and trucks or following a livestock trailer up a slow and winding highway. Just my two cents worth!
__________________
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsdad02 View Post
I drain ours every time. I don't want to carry that extra weight. I just open it at the end of each trip but I relocated our drain valve so it's easy to get to

+1 however I put 1-3 gallons in Black Tank and keep 1-2 in Fresh but no more than that. If I am going on a long trip I run 100% empty.


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Thanks. I wasn't asking whether it's a good idea to (dump) water on the road. I was asking if it is truly (against) the law everywhere or just some states, provinces, parishes. You say 'They (SHP) use this law....' I assume SHP means State Highway Patrol (and) I was asking if this is true for all states. I'm (asking) if your "Fact not Fiction" applies to all states.
Thats a Pretty Tall Order to ask if it (Is true in all States?) I would need a (Supreme Court Ruling) to answer this! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #28
Alleged curmudgeon
 
Vern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 550
Just use common sense and courtesy...

I don't know what is legal in my own state (let alone other states), but I try to avoid draining my FW tank on campsites where others will be staying after me, at dump stations where the water will make wet areas outside the intended dump basins (causing possible concern to others), or when driving down public streets or roads. This means I almost always end up draining my fresh water, if at all, onto my own driveway at home. Particularly on the road, most people you will encounter really don't know anything about the operation of a TT, and I am not interested in creating unnecessary concern or anxiety for third parties about what I am doing, however unfounded those concerns might be. However, knowing what is going on when I see it, I don't personally worry about it when others do it. As a practical matter, my FW tank is usually below 1/3 by the end of each CG stay, so I really don't see any urgency to drain the tank before I get home.
__________________
Lee
2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
I have driven they NJ and PA with the freshwater valve open while driving, as long as it is only that can't see an issue any state might have


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Missouri
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
I don't know what is legal in my own state (let alone other states), but I try to avoid draining my FW tank on campsites where others will be staying after me, at dump stations where the water will make wet areas outside the intended dump basins (causing possible concern to others), or when driving down public streets or roads. This means I almost always end up draining my fresh water, if at all, onto my own driveway at home. Particularly on the road, most people you will encounter really don't know anything about the operation of a TT, and I am not interested in creating unnecessary concern or anxiety for third parties about what I am doing, however unfounded those concerns might be. However, knowing what is going on when I see it, I don't personally worry about it when others do it. As a practical matter, my FW tank is usually below 1/3 by the end of each CG stay, so I really don't see any urgency to drain the tank before I get home.
I agree with this and do the same most of the time. I've been known to drain the fresh water tank at the campground when, on only when it's raining. I feel better about not "creating unnecesary concern or anxiety..." Shame on me!
__________________

__________________
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.