Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #41

I carry a wide variety tools...even a torque wrench. However, the most useful extra do-dad in my tool box is a roll the green floral wire. I use it for all kinds of stuff, hanging lights, holding something together, etc.
2010 Expedition EL Limited 3:73 with Air Suspension
Roocrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #42

We included a socket that will fit the hot water heater drain plug and one for the lugs on our trailer.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We included a socket that will fit the hot water heater drain plug and one for the lugs on our trailer.

I also bought a set of these, keep the drill home but use the impact gun to tighten and loosen the jacks, hot water heater and lugs on the trailer besides a 4 point lug wrench

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431940451.670025.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	77299

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 AM   #44

tape

Teflon tape and eternabond
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #45

I'll admit I carry heavier than many. But I don't like having to need something and go look for it at a store when I should be drinking beer or having to borrow it. Plus the people I go with know I have tools if they need it.
Shovel, and rake for tidying up the site before and after, I was always taught to leave it better than when I got there.
Broom, same deal as well as sweeping the slides. I know, slide toppers for the next one.
5 ft step ladder, I'm 6'1 so it gets me where I need to be and I have an attached ladder on the trailer if not. I hope to get one of those handy collapsible ladders when the money tree grows a little.
Craftsman 250ish mechanics tool set. Filled that up with multi meter, electrical tape, slip joint pliers, stripping/crimping tool.
Duct tape, WD-40 and some other lubes as applicable.
A dedicated breaker bar and socket for lug nuts, I like having it separate so I can check lugs before each trip with out digging thru the compartment for it.
Trailer aid for flats.
Random cable adapters and dog bones for power. A few different appliances for water supply. Various bungee cords and flexible tie offs.
Small shop vac.
Here's the kicker, lowes had a four tool 18v tool kit on a good deal last Memorial Day and I decided to get that just for the trailer too. So drill, flashlight, reciprocating saw and impact gun. I use the drill pretty regular, only used the saw once and it was actually for someone else's rig. He couldn't get his bathroom door open and despite my request to just let me use some hand tools to help him get the hardware off he insisted on cutting the knob with the saw. So of course I just watched in wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping