Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #1

expandable bed night shades?

So we own a 17 roo and are trading up to the 233s in a couple weeks. In the 17 we made a night shade to go inbetween the canvas to black out the sleeping areas. Does anyone know if these can be purchased? Its alot of sewing to make your own but works great for sleeping in or napping. Thanks for the help.
buschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't seen anything like that. So, these were shades made of cloth that you installed on the inside of the canvas bunks? That sound interesting and I was wondering if you have a picture of your old setup? Its ok if you don't - just trying to get a clear picture of what you had made.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #3

Yeah on the inside, I'll look around and see if I have a pic. it rests on top of the center support bar, back support bar and sides. Cut and sewed together out of black out shade cloth from a local fabric store so cheap outside of labor. It lookes when sewed like a shell of the actual canvas top just no bottom. Completely blocks out the outside light in the bed area. Super nice and you still have access to windows and can leave in permenate or remove without any work.
buschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #4

I did the same for all our trailer windows. I just got a blackout curtain sewed one for each and velcroe to window frame great for sleeping in and also helps keep heat out in summer,easy to take down every morn. have never seen anything like is why i made ours.

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
Site Team

Using PUGs or solar blankets darken the bunk ends, along with temp control and keeping the canvas clean.
why sew together something that only does one thing, when PUGs can do a number of things?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #6

I saw this on the popup gizmos site the other day. I think it may be what you're looking for. http://popupgizmos.com/PSBL.htm
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
ddemme is offline   Reply With Quote