Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Extended Warranty

Well today I told our finance person we won't be buying the 7 year Extended Warranty and that we would be purchasing the 2nd year Forrest River warranty. Needless to say they are not happy.
What's funny is I was told we didn't need the Diamond Plan with our camper and could save $200 going w/ the Platinum Plan. And if we still wanted the Forrest River 2nd year they would take another $150 off to cover the cost. LOL. Can't wait to see what they say tomorrow.
Now I want to make sure I do what's need for the 2nd year Forrest River warranty. Can someone tell me if this is something we do at the dealership before we leave or is it something we send into Forrest River?

ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Extended Warranty

Hi, there should be a form in your documentation for the additional year of warranty. Some on the forum have mentioned that the dealer removed it from the packet. There is a sticky on the forum for the form if you need it. You send it directly to Forest River. I believe you can also call and pay by credit card.

Congrats on the new camper!

2014 Roo 23SS
2013 GM Sierra CC
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Handled mine directly through FR.
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
You purchase it directly through FR. Here's the warranty form.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
amazing how many crooked dealers are out there. It would be nice if FR would sent people this form directly as soon as their new unit is purchased. So many don't even know about it. The dealer should have to prove to FR that it was offered to the customer.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Thanks for the form!!!
Personally I think Forrest River should require the dealer to get the buyer's signature stating they were offered the warranty but decline it. Just like the what the dealer made us sign when we decline their extended warranty. That way everyone is at least made aware of it.

We signed our paperwork today to send back to the dealer. Now we should be getting the call w/ the delivery date!!! Can't wait!!!
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant
people keep assuming the RV industry is like the Auto industry and it most definitely is NOT.

the only thing the two have in common is that they have dealerships with service depts. and they sell things on wheels.

other than that, they couldn't be more different. RV dealers have way more power over the manufacturers and can change brands at the drop of the hat.
there's no required brand loyalty with RV dealers and the manufacturers know it.
that's why they can't force a dealer to do warranty work to a unit that they didn't sell. they can hope and cajole them but they can't force them.
same way they can't force them to sell the FR 2nd year warranty. they can only suggest that they offer it.

now, why FR just doesn't add the 2nd year from the get-go, is a whole other discussion.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #8
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post, why FR just doesn't add the 2nd year from the get-go, is a whole other discussion.
Totally agree, just factor the cost in and be done with it. I think it would be a good selling feature. When we bought our previous Jayco it came with a standard 2 year warranty.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #9
not sure this should be posted here but, i just took delivery on a rockwood hw276 pup, i was looking through my paper work and came across an 1 yr ext warranty form i could send in, my question is does anyone know if i can do this online or over the phone?
kinma13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #10
Site Team
I think the form in previous link gives instructions.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote