Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

F i n a l l y !!!!!!

We've been looking at our new 23ws since late October, and the time has finally come for us to make our first camping trip.
It will be a weekend only , but that will give us a chance to check everything. That hybrid is still winterized !!!!!

Dre
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #2

Great! Enjoy! Hope all goes well!
Old 05-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #3

Have fun! Remember it isn't a successful trip until you break or lose something!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #4

And when you break or lose something just shake it off and continue to have fun.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #5

Roo 23WS

I have been looking at Roo 23ws for a year. I think they offer some of the best features on the market. I plan to buy one in August or Sept. Love to hear from you about your first time out and all you other Roo 23WS owners - How do you like your expandable, and what problems should I be aware of? Thanks
delaware dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannimal View Post
Have fun! Remember it isn't a successful trip until you break or lose something!

or you get to the CG and realize that your bins that has your power cable, sewer hoses, fresh water hose, etc. are still at the house sitting on the ground next to the empty spot that the camper was sitting because you had to pull it out to take out old chairs and put new ones in but never put the bins back in.

Good times there. . .
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware dave View Post
Love to hear from you about your first time out and all you other Roo 23WS owners - How do you like your expandable, and what problems should I be aware of? Thanks
Dave, if you didn't know, the 23WS is a re-worked 23SS, for this model year.
So any 23SS owner could also give you feedback.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #8

Awesome! Just got back from our 1st trip of the yet. Fixed a thing or two, added a thing or two, broke a thing (or 2)!
Nights Camped: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:05 AM   #9
I go RV'ing not Camping

First trip is always a fun one
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:12 AM   #10

It's Saturday morning, and we're at the campground....
As I mentioned in previous posts, this is our third hybrid, and by far the best one. It's got everything we wished.
The whole setup took about 15 minutes (tent ends, slide out, sewer hose etc etc). Joline doing the work inside, and I took care of the outside.

1-Amazing how easy it is to set up the tent ends.....bring down the doors, install the poles inside and it's done.

2-Started the water heater (electric.....wow! A saving of propane), but it wasn't working. Read the brochure and found out there is a switch to turn on at the tank

3-The shower is great..... More room, glass doors, and if you never tried an oxygenic shower head, go buy one. You will love it!

Everything worked as expected beside one minor issues that I will take care of. At the campground, we had television cable. I set up the tv and programmed the channels, but nothing was coming in. Next step I did was to bring the cable from the outside post and connect it directly to the TV, and programmed again...... It worked.
The problem (I presume) is between the exterior cable connection on the hybrid, and the antenna booster switch outlet behind the television. Will check it out when you go back home.

Other than that, what a nice camper the 23ws is !
Old 05-21-2016, 05:22 AM   #11

Was your "booster switch light Off"? Youroo!!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Everything worked as expected beside one minor issues that I will take care of. At the campground, we had television cable. I set up the tv and programmed the channels, but nothing was coming in. Next step I did was to bring the cable from the outside post and connect it directly to the TV, and programmed again...... It worked.
The problem (I presume) is between the exterior cable connection on the hybrid, and the antenna booster switch outlet behind the television. Will check it out when you go back home.
On the wall plate behind the TV you should have 2 coax connections on one plate, the one on the right is the antenna and booster, the one on the left should be for the outside cable connection on the side of the camper. On ours its marked "sat aux". I have not ripped into mine to verify that, but was looking at the color coordinated coax from you can see in the rear of the bathroom vanity cabinet going up into that wall. Something easy to check at the campground. Lots of room in that wall for pulling wires up and down, and its stuffed with about 150' of wire coming from the antenna.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
On the wall plate behind the TV you should have 2 coax connections on one plate, the one on the right is the antenna and booster, the one on the left should be for the outside cable connection on the side of the camper. On ours its marked "sat aux". I have not ripped into mine to verify that, but was looking at the color coordinated coax from you can see in the rear of the bathroom vanity cabinet going up into that wall. Something easy to check at the campground. Lots of room in that wall for pulling wires up and down, and its stuffed with about 150' of wire coming from the antenna.

I removed the plate and noticed the "sat aux" coax connection is strictly for Satellite.
The "cable" wire is connected on the antenna/booster side.
Youroo is right......If you want to use the antenna, you have to turn on the booster switch (green light). If you use the cable, you have to turn it off.
But geezzzzzzzzzzzz !!!! there are a lot of connections and wires in that wall !
Old 05-22-2016, 06:07 AM   #14

Quote:
I removed the plate and noticed the "sat aux" coax connection is strictly for Satellite.
Youroo is right......If you want to use the antenna, you have to turn on the booster switch (green light). If you use the cable, you have to turn it off.
But geezzzzzzzzzzzz !!!! there are a lot of connections and wires in that wall !
Your Welcome! Youroo!!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Youroo is right......
Yet another project. Now I wonder where the coax that is connected to the sat/aux jack terminates? I didst think Rockwood pre wired Roos for a roof mounted dish but stanger things have happened I guess? Anyway I need to pull the exterior cable input from the booster connection so its a direct shot to that sat/aux jack. Thats how I connect my tripod mounted dish setup, and I know those boosters will not pass power backwards out to the dish. I'll never need to use it for cable service.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #16

Don't forget to fill the water tank so you can watch it fall out We love our 23ss till the water tank fell out and its been at the shop starting 2 weeks on Tuesday
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
Don't forget to fill the water tank so you can watch it fall out We love our 23ss till the water tank fell out and its been at the shop starting 2 weeks on Tuesday
Here's something we never will worry about. This is our third hybrid, and we never used the water tank.
Every campgrounds we go, we take a site with at least water/electricity, and most of the time we have sewer too.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Yet another project. Now I wonder where the coax that is connected to the sat/aux jack terminates? I didst think Rockwood pre wired Roos for a roof mounted dish but stanger things have happened I guess? Anyway I need to pull the exterior cable input from the booster connection so its a direct shot to that sat/aux jack. Thats how I connect my tripod mounted dish setup, and I know those boosters will not pass power backwards out to the dish. I'll never need to use it for cable service.
The way I saw it, you connect your satellite to the Sat/aux coax input outside the camper and your television to the Sat/aux coax output on the wall plate behind the TV.......the whole satellite thing is not related or connected to the booster switch.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #19

Quote:
The way I saw it, you connect your satellite to the Sat/aux coax input outside the camper and your television to the Sat/aux coax output on the wall plate behind the TV.......the whole satellite thing is not related or connected to the booster switch.

You're 100% correct , last night I pulled the entire system apart.

Not one connection was tight including the outside connections, I had to pull the cable/sat port and the one at the exterior TV location and tighten them all. What a birds nest it is in that wall.

As far as the satellite setup they run that exterior connection into a splitter, then one to the sat/aux connection and another to the top coax connection on the wall plate at the rear bunk. It works the way they have it in theory, except the splitter needs to be a power pass splitter, and they used a standard cheapie.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
You're 100% correct , last night I pulled the entire system apart.

Not one connection was tight including the outside connections, I had to pull the cable/sat port and the one at the exterior TV location and tighten them all. What a birds nest it is in that wall.

As far as the satellite setup they run that exterior connection into a splitter, then one to the sat/aux connection and another to the top coax connection on the wall plate at the rear bunk. It works the way they have it in theory, except the splitter needs to be a power pass splitter, and they used a standard cheapie.
I'm laughing reading your post....same here...... nothing is tight, and there is a lot of wiring behind that wall, but at the end it all worked out for us !