Old 02-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #21

Our weather station is in the Sun,,, showed 60 yesterday,,, in the 2 days the 8" we had on the ground has all melted, this morning it is 32 and we have received a light dusting,,, so the ground is mostly all white,,, again !!!
I am defiantly ready to get to work on the Sunseeker,,, even though winter has not been to bad,,, so far !!!

Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #22

Summer is coming in way to fast here in sunny southern Arizona. Supposed to be in the high 80's this week and 90 or better in the Phx area. We like that time of year just in between where we can boondock in the desert climes and not need to run the AC.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #23

I'd love to see the 80's here but not going to complain too much about this winter. Only 2 really sub arctic cold days and record number of days over 50 and few over 60 is nothing to complain about for this area. After last winter this is great.

I don't mind the off season from camping but do wish it was longer than it is, and with the milder temperatures, it's been a tease waiting and waiting for it to really be safe to take off the cover and start heading out.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It was 57F today in northern Illinois. BUT: weather forecast says accumulating snow Monday night.

So winter isn't done with us yet. We've had 8 inches on May 1st.
I've seen predictions from just some rain to 6 inches of snow and everything in between depending on which forecaster you want to believe.

Although next week it's supposed to get back into the 50's and 60's again. So even if we do get some snow, it hopefully won't stick around for too long.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #25

"Finally......Winter is on the way out, and I might remove the cover from it this coming week end.....YAHOO !!! This for us is a big event!"

Come on, you are from Maine and know better to think that a week or so above freezing means winter is over LOL By the time you get it uncovered a Noreaster will come rolling in.

Davylee, Raymond, Maine

2015 Nights Camping: 39
2016 Reserved: 23
Davylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #26

Nope going to Snow around here this weekend, we have not dew interiors yet, on April 1-3 we will. Last weekend bought new towels, toothpaste, soap, hand soap, and kitchen stuff so everything in our 2015 23ikss Roo is color coded to Brown and Tan, GF said she won't do it any other way have to be coordinated 🤔.

I reset the water filter and all outside compartments just to make sure I have enough sewer hose, H2O hoses, connectors and 30AMP cords, plus tool kit. Only thing left to do is fill one propane bottle and reset the hitch, and fill First Aid Kit from last season with fresh stuff had to chuck some expired stuff.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #27

We hit 60 degrees Sunday,,, very nice,,, A little breezy but nice !!!
Tuesday we got about 7 " of light fluffy snow,,, there were some areas that got as much as 14",,, this morning it is 18 degrees and is snowing lightly !!!
Sure does not look much like Spring yet !!!
Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We hit 60 degrees Sunday,,, very nice,,, A little breezy but nice !!!
Tuesday we got about 7 " of light fluffy snow,,, there were some areas that got as much as 14",,, this morning it is 18 degrees and is snowing lightly !!!
Sure does not look much like Spring yet !!!
Not looking like spring today here either, 20 degrees this morning. But see next week we could hit 70, that is the nature of the weather in New England. Still too early though.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #29

You South people sure are lucky !
In Eastern Ontario , we had about a foot of snow yesterday with strong winds.
This morning is -20 Celcius.
The trailer is not coming out of the shed before the end of April !
Enjoy your location...happy camping !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #30

We live in southern Maine and have a seasonal in New Hampshire...we stretch for a full 6 months..May 1 to November 1. I don't care if May and October are cool..or even a bit chilly..winter is too long.

We will setup up last week of April as the campground owners allow seasonals to get a jump. Yah..I've seen it snow in early May a little...makes the electric fireplace that much more enjoyable.

We actually seasonal for 6 months then do a winter rental in the Maine coast for 6 then back in the seasonal. Closest thing we could come up with for full timing but still having the wife work. Want to spend winters in Az or maybe outside Vegas near my Mom but have not quite been able to pull it off.....yet!

I used to live in Phoenix and I can heat up the 5th wheel easier than I could cool it down. Once that 100 degree weather out there and the 14 hours of sun beating down...just could not get it below 86 inside.

Tags
winter