Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #1

Thumbs up First 11 nights in the Roo...

Well folks, we just finished up the first 11 nights in the Roo 23ss. Could not be happier! I am so glad that we made the upgrade. Very Glad! Guess we will have to pull a couple weeks at home to get some things done around here.. but before the month is out I'll have the Roo back at a campground somewhere.

Did my first mod.. the door that covers where the water storage tank is..... now has hinges and a matching knob. That makes it much easier to get to the fresh water drain valve. Still have the "this is NOT a storage space" sticker to warn unsuspecting visitors. But it makes it much easier. That way too, I trust My eyes way more than little dots to tell me how much fresh water I have.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Site Team

i did the same mod on that cabinet and the opposite one where the water pump and filter are. much easier to get to.
you can add a shelf on the tank, to put stuff on it. i'm going to put some short tub or container there.
make sure all the cheap veneer dividers get pulled out so you can have much more cabinet storage.

the longer our trips go for, the more i want to camp more. our trip, last year, to Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP, made me crave even longer and farther trips.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the report, skeeter. Got any pics to post?
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #4

Just ordered our Shamrock 23ss and was glad to see they have moved the fresh water tank under the trailer. I feel better about that in case we ever used it and all that water inside the trailer would worry me. Also frees up quite a lot of storage space.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

When I had a Roo 23ss, that was one of the first mods I did as well! Don't know why with the drain valve in there they didn't make it an operable door! Glad you like your Roo!
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #6

Just got a 2011 Roo 21SS...I'm not sure where you're talking about....is the 21SS the same as the 23SS in location of the water tank? I know that the water pump is located to the far left of the front cabinet, right under the edge of the front bunk....and yes, there is a cheap veneer "divider" that keeps cargo from getting to it....
Thx from a Roo newbie.
LoryJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo