Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
it always interests me why people will spend thousands of dollars for an RV and then not use the toilet, for what it is designed for and the design has been around for decades.

if you don't mind me asking, why don't you intend to allow for #2 usage?
That is a good question.
I think it has something to do with my internal circuit that is programmed to say "It's brand new, keep it that way as long as you can". I understand the concept of "you bought it, now USE it like it was designed". But there is something in me that drives me to keep things as new as I can.... don't know. No pun intended, but I'm "anal retentive" that way.

When I was a Gun Chief on an M109 Self Propelled Howitzer in the Army, my men would constantly catch me "sweeping" the floor inside the gun with a little broom that I kept in there. I mean like, between fire missions!! They would poke fun at me because I was sweeping up dirt in something made for war.... but you know what? When the Captain, or the Sgt. Major came poking around the Battery Area, it was just known that Gun 5 would be in top shape. I didn't ever ask my men to take care of my OCD problems, I took care of them. Same with my engines in my cars.... you could EAT off of them.

So, there you have it. Best I can do... I suppose that there will be a day when someone goes #2 in my camper. After that initial moment, I will be okay with it from then on I'm sure.

2005 Excursion Limited dragging a 2012 Roo 233s
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
f1100turbo....with lots of practice, one can get really good at aiming and timing the flush so that no #2 ever hits the sides of the bowl!

To each his own...For us the trailer potty is only for night time emergencies whether #1 or #2, at least when we are dry camping. It is more for conserving water & power than anything else. However, there was that one day last year when I ate one too many jalapeņo "poopers"! I did not hesitate to use the trailer's facilities that day! Better tracks in the bowl than in my pants!

If we have hookups, we use the trailer potty all the time.

Michael, Cristina, Anthony, Cocoa Puff, Cookie, Blossom, Tosca, & Heidi
2012 Rockwood Roo 21SS
newtsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

233, 233s