Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #1

First outing

Just about ready to pull out on our first trip in the 2016 21DK adjusted WDH it looks goodClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464359001.061964.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	109223

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Robs1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Looks like you are good to go!!!

Have fun
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #3

Have a great time!!
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #4

Got to the campground and the a/c is not working maybe the start or run capacitor it try's to come on the quits after about 30seconds

Old 06-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #5

Here is a pic after we got it all set up Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1465042775.043669.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	110100 had a great time.Everything worked except the A/C it back a t the dealer getting fixed now

Old 06-04-2016, 07:51 AM   #6

Robs make sure you are supplying enough power to the AC, if you are using a long extension cord that may not pass enough voltage for the compressor to start jus a thought
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #7

First outing

We were about 10 feet from the power box. There is a problem with the A/C

Old 06-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #8

Hey, look at the bright side. Were on day 9 of our 10 day maiden voyage and so far.

2nd day the fridge switched over to gas. Found a blown fuse on the AC side of power board. Took a day to find that fuse but did not correct the problem. The AC heating element is shorted. Wait until you find out the fun you'll have trying to get parts for the new Chinese Dometic DRM702 fridge. I had two "authorized" Dometic service places tell me they will no longer do warranty work for Dometic. Too much paperwork and red tape and are not paid enough to justify their time.

The Magic Chef microwave decided to magically go up in a poof of smoke while not even being used. It smells more like a Lionel train than a microwave. Called dealer and was told to bring it in and they would contact Magic Chef which is what Rockwood would tell them to do. Its covered under its own warranty as are all appliances and components. I did that myself. They want me to take it to a service center. By the time I jump through all these hoops may as well just buy a new one. Beginning to think the FR warranty is about worthless.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #9

First outing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Hey, look at the bright side. Were on day 9 of our 10 day maiden voyage and so far.

2nd day the fridge switched over to gas. Found a blown fuse on the AC side of power board. Took a day to find that fuse but did not correct the problem. The AC heating element is shorted. Wait until you find out the fun you'll have trying to get parts for the new Chinese Dometic DRM702 fridge. I had two "authorized" Dometic service places tell me they will no longer do warranty work for Dometic. Too much paperwork and red tape and are not paid enough to justify their time.

The Magic Chef microwave decided to magically go up in a poof of smoke while not even being used. It smells more like a Lionel train than a microwave. Called dealer and was told to bring it in and they would contact Magic Chef which is what Rockwood would tell them to do. Its covered under its own warranty as are all appliances and components. I did that myself. They want me to take it to a service center. By the time I jump through all these hoops may as well just buy a new one. Beginning to think the FR warranty is about worthless.

Sorry to hear about all of that I figured there work be kinks to work out but yours borders on crazy stay Sane my friend

Old 06-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #10

My magic chef did the same thing the first time I used it welcome to the club
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 06-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
My magic chef did the same thing the first time I used it welcome to the club
LOL, thanks but its not a very fun club.

How did you get it resolved? Through your dealer, Rockwood/FR, or Magic Chef?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
Site Team

Looks great. Hope the a/c is freezing on your next trip.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #13

I am knocking on wood frantically as I type this but I am fortunate to have had only minor problems ( water filter) in 2 1/2 years. Much sympathy for those who continually have serious issues. Inferior parts? Shoddy workmanship? Incompetent dealer? I don't know, but it does seem that the frequency of serious problems is much greater than when I joined this forum after buying my Shamrock.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
I am knocking on wood frantically as I type this but I am fortunate to have had only minor problems ( water filter) in 2 1/2 years. Much sympathy for those who continually have serious issues. Inferior parts? Shoddy workmanship? Incompetent dealer? I don't know, but it does seem that the frequency of serious problems is much greater than when I joined this forum after buying my Shamrock.
Like you, our problems were very minor (cosmetic) which I fixed.
I wonder if FR are using lower or cheaper grade products on their 2016 and 2017 campers.
In another thread, people are mentioning having problems with their hitch ball being too tight on the A frame. From what I read, FR changed the A-frame in March 2016. Makes me think that they change more than that A-frame in their new models. ($$$$$)
Another thread mentioned the bracket that holds the RVQ on the outside coming off the wall.......and now it's the AC and microwave !!!

Ours is a 2016, but built in 2015, and after a few outings, we didn't experience any of the above problems. I feel as of 2016, FR went from quality to quantity !!
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:32 AM   #15

It's the luck of the draw with all of these different brands of appliances, any one of them can go out at any time, I remember wondering about my 6 year old Kodiak after using all of them so many years which one was going to go first, LOL None did, even the awning kept working LOL (I was sure that thing was gonna break!)

My DW was in our camper listening to a podcast last night and I walked out with a cold coffee and stuck it in the microwave, heated up just fine, but you never know now days I guess.

Good luck to all on repairs and keep us posted about the fixes. If the same appliances are used from 2015 to now I hardly think the fault lies with FR unless there is a strange wiring problem involved to short things.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
LOL, thanks but its not a very fun club.

How did you get it resolved? Through your dealer, Rockwood/FR, or Magic Chef?
I was afraid of fire so I pulled the Microwave and called the closet Flagstaff dealer in Boise, Happy Campers told me they didn't like to work on units that were not bought there, however if I brought the Microwave in along with my proof of purchase they would do the paperwork. It took about a week and half and I got a call drove to Boise and picked up the new microwave and installed it no problems after that. If I have AC problems like many I'm going to take to the original dealer
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 06-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #17

Got a call from the dealer today Forest River oked the warranty work on the A/C unit now they are waiting for the part(s) to come in