Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #11
We have had two boys in the front bunk of our 23SS, MIL on the couch and another preteen on the dinette without issue. Only leak was when I didn't get the tenting completely tucked in at the rear bunk once.

Mr.Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
Hello everyone. New here.
I am glad you like your roo. We just bought a used roo a mth ago. It is a 2008 roo 23ss and we love it also. (Our first TT)

I just hope I dont have any of the leak issues I have read about.
So far so good. I have not found any leaks with the bunks although we have only taken it out once so far and no rain for that trip.

I have gone out to the roo while it was all closed up and looked for leaks when we had a nice downpour at the house but nothing so far.

Glad you like it and from this forum and the good sam forum it looks like we made a good choice with the roo. So far we LOVE it!!

SamKitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
Welcome and congrats on your new toy Sam! The 23SS rocks!

Yeah, I was concerned about leaks as well. When we looked at ours (2006 model) before we bought it, I went through, over and under with a "fine-toothed comb" and could only find one little spot near the back bunk. At the time it occurred, the previous owner caught it quickly and had the leak fixed. Damage is extremely minimal. I almost didn't even spot it and I was looking for it.

Unfortunately, our first camping trip had plenty of rain. Needless to say I was on "leak patrol" the whole time and I could not find a single drop any where. Yay!

I've also gone up on the roof and checked all the sealant very closely. I touched up a few spots here and there, but it's in great shape overall. Make sure you check/repair the roof regularly for any sealant issues like cracking, screw head exposure and such. Doing that should prevent any leaks form forming.
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
I would like to comment on the leak issue.
We had the old style seals on our shamrock, which is similar to the roo.
Most of the problem with leaking will occur while driving on the hyway, in a pounding rain.
The rain gets forced inside the seals and is supposed to drain out the bottom, but sometimes that does not work.
We were very concerned about leaks, and ended up ordering the free replacement
Seal kit, from forrest river which ended up not fitting at all. We ended up paying $800.00 for
Our dealer to construct new seals from scratch.
The dumb thing is that we never had a leak before we ordered the kits... We were just being paranoid and wanting to
Protect our purchase. In hind sight... I would not waste the $800 again on new seals, just taking the time to inspect after rain
And dry anything that gets in... Is a better investment of resources I think.

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
Thanks everyone. Well I discovered a leak. Looks like I will need the kit.
I have also discovered where the water pushes in at the bottem by the hinge. There is a 2" gap between the upright seal and the horizontal seal which just lets rain push right through inside the tt. I could actualy see daylight from inside with the bunk closed. Also noticed that the track that is suppose to drain which it does but depending on how tt is sitting you may have a small amount of water sitting in the track which the screws and such on the hinge sit in this water and the door sucks up the water. This is when I noticed the hinge side of door is getting soft.

But I am not gonna let it rain on my parade :P haha I said RAIN.....anyway I have sent an email to Forest river about the issue and hopefully will hear back from them soon. Hopefully they will send kit at no and door. If not I guess I will just have to purchase them.

I will keep you guys updated.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
I had no luck with parts dep. at forest river. I also sent an email to parts over a week ago and no response. I recontacted FR and was able to speak to Greg Rollins and he sent me out the seal kit at no charge. He stated he normaly dosnt do this since I purchased used but from my description of the current seal install it sounded to him it was one of the roo's with the seal issues.

Now I am just waiting for new seals to get here.
I am also still trying to get a hold of parts to see about a new bunk door and price.
Parts dep. is a pain to get in touch with and kswope does not respond to emails.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Anyone with a Roo and Tuscan interior? We are upgrading from a Coleman pop-up to a 233S Roo, but are unable to get "sample" look at interiors other than cherrywood. For us, it is too dark and no dealer has the "new" hickory or "old" Tuscan cabinetry to show us. I have had to do all the purchasing on the internet with a dealer 1oo miles away. Only one Roo is within 30 miles of us and it is a 2011 23S model with cherrywood cabinets and interior decor that is no longer available in 2012's. I do not ever buy something "sight unseen", but will gamble on the Roo, if we can ever see examples of the Tuscan setup in a real Roo.
UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
Site Team
Could the dealer take some pictures and or video so that you can get an idea? They could hold up a piece of blank computer paper so you can compare the camera's color & tint.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant
Upgrader, you should be starting a new thread with your question, since it's a different subject than the this thread you piggybacked on.

you might want to check out RVW's Roo videos. they might have one with the Tuscan decor.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Sorry to clutter this "thread". Had no idea that it was "single topic" only. RVW's video does not show any interior, but the "cherrywood" and Forest River is in transition with the interiors. "Oak" is being dropped and "hickory" is not available for viewing ANYWHERE. I was trying to get info on the new "material" from any "thread" I could find. That is the only problem I have found with Forest River -- they do not update their website or provide their dealers with "new" samples for prospective customers.

UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote