Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Broken Toe

First trip. Update from the campfire...

Its about 5:00 in the evening here. The campfire is going, pork steaks on the grill. Just got back from swimming in the Meramec river. I have no cell reception. No tv reception. But the park does have free wifi, despite being waaaay the hell back in the woods. Life is good.

So far, I am loving the roo. Slept very well in it last night. weather was cool, so we left the flaps open and the AC off. Only a couple minor issues that I fill warrant 'modification'. The jacks are horrible, and this thing wobbles like crazy. Already have plans drawn up for that. And I found out the DVD player only plays audio on the stereo speakers, which sucks if you wanna watch a dvd late at night and not disturb everyone else. Again, that is a fix that I will do and document when we get home. Oh, and the Roo really needs an outside faucet on the curb side. That might be a little tougher to do.

Here,s a pic from base camp. This rig sure gets the attention.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1107a.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14106  

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Its about 5:00 in the evening here. The campfire is going, pork steaks on the grill. Just got back from swimming in the Meramec river. I have no cell reception. No tv reception. But the park does have free wifi, despite being waaaay the hell back in the woods. Life is good.

So far, I am loving the roo. Slept very well in it last night. weather was cool, so we left the flaps open and the AC off. Only a couple minor issues that I fill warrant 'modification'. The jacks are horrible, and this thing wobbles like crazy. Already have plans drawn up for that. And I found out the DVD player only plays audio on the stereo speakers, which sucks if you wanna watch a dvd late at night and not disturb everyone else. Again, that is a fix that I will do and document when we get home. Oh, and the Roo really needs an outside faucet on the curb side. That might be a little tougher to do.

Tim
Now I'm hungry. I can see why you get attention - nice setup.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #3

You may have already figured this out, but on my 21SS you have to snug up the two jacks on the door side after putting the slide out. Mine will be a 1/2 inch too high after the slide is out. Our trailer will wiggle quite a bit if I forget to adjust those 2 jacks. Not sure what you are using for chocks, but I use X-chocks between the tires on both sides. There is always going to be some movement in a trailer but we hardly notice it with this setup. Just be sure to remove both of them before driving away, especially the one hidden by the slide. (I learned that lesson the hard way!) There are other chocking options you will find here including homemade ones. Hopefully you will find something that works for you.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

Tim
Wondering............. what park are you at that has wifi??? Is it Meramec State Park....... we are headed there in three weeks. Love that park!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Site Team

great pics and great report.

are you using tandem wheel chocks? most that do, eliminate almost all movement when paired with the jacks.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice.

I use these between the wheels to help minimize trailer movement.

BAL 28012 X-Chock Tire Locking Chock

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
Wondering............. what park are you at that has wifi??? Is it Meramec State Park....... we are headed there in three weeks. Love that park!!

Onondaga. For my money, its a nicer park. But either are worth the trip.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #8

We were at Onondaga last weekend!!! The only thing missing from Onondaga is full hook-ups!!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote