Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1

First trip with our 2013 Roo 23SS

Spent 4 days at Moose Hillock in Warren, NH. RV sites are awesome. Great campground. Coming from a popup it's nice having a shower and toilet on board. Everything was great but one night I did have a loud hissing noise at the hot water heater. It sounded like it was sucking air. I shut the switch off and I'll look into it. I also need to figure out how to get the tv sound through the inside speakers. DVD worked well through the speakers. It was freezing out last night and the girls loved watching Hunger Games and popping popcorn while the guys sat by the fire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	38623  
5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Tewksburyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

If you have the Genisys radio to get the TV through the radio; plug the head phone jack from the rear of the radio into the headphone jack on the side of the TV. My radio needs to be on AV1 for it to operate. Its tough to tell on the screen but there are multuiple AU (auxiliary inputs) then a couple AV inputs. I'd assume some of this can vary depedning on trailer assembly; but thats how my 2013 233s is.
kmalcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #3

Awesome, congratulations!!!

If you don't mind my asking, how much room is there between the dinette and the counter where the sink is when the slide is fully extended? Does it feel "spacious" / "adequate" / "cramped"?

Also, can you walk / squeeze between the dinette and the counter when the slide is fully retracted inside the unit? Wondering how maneuverable it will be to get to the fridge for loading, etc...

We've been looking at the Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2702SS which has the same layout in the center and my wife is convinced that it will be too cramped. Like you we're coming from a popup (still in ours). With two kids and a dog, I understand her concern, but think she's being a bit over the top in her assessment and that it will feel spacious coming from the smaller confines of the pop-up.
MNFamilyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #4

We liked the floor plan of the 23SS because of the counter space. There is a lot of interior storage also. With the slide-out out there is plenty of space for people to move around and with it in you still have full access to the fridge and bathroom. I had the wife and 3 kids and we were never cramped. This weekend was gorgeous weather so we were only in it to sleep, shower, and use the bathroom. I loved having a clean shower at my site whenever I want. I've been using a pop-up for 15 years and today was the first time I've taken a morning shower on the day we leave. Usually it's hurry up to pack up. My girls love having a clean bathroom that's ours only. Congrats on whatever you decide.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	38628  
5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Old 10-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewksburyduck View Post
We liked the floor plan of the 23SS because of the counter space. There is a lot of interior storage also. With the slide-out out there is plenty of space for people to move around and with it in you still have full access to the fridge and bathroom. I had the wife and 3 kids and we were never cramped. This weekend was gorgeous weather so we were only in it to sleep, shower, and use the bathroom. I loved having a clean shower at my site whenever I want. I've been using a pop-up for 15 years and today was the first time I've taken a morning shower on the day we leave. Usually it's hurry up to pack up. My girls love having a clean bathroom that's ours only. Congrats on whatever you decide.
X2

Have a 2009 23SS and find the space and storage more than adequate. Can access everything with the slide in and very roomy with the slide out
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #6

When you come up from a popup to a 23SS (we did as well) theres no way the inside feels small! LOL

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
BurgPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgpath View Post
when you come up from a popup to a 23ss (we did as well) theres no way the inside feels small! Lol
ditto!!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #8

Another ditto! Just upgraded from a 2002 Coleman Utah PUP to a 2013 Rockwood Roo 21SS. Took the 1st trip in the Roo last weekend. And it was definitely nice to have the bathroom on board. Always get a site close to the bathhouse, but still nice to crawl out of bed & walk just a few feet to the bathroom - barefoot! My Utah had a slide-out & was pretty roomy for a PUP but nothing like the Roo. Also like having a freezer in addition to a frig. This means that ice cream is now an option while camping.
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #9

Indoor plumbing in a camper. GREAT idea! LOL

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
BurgPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #10

We loves our 23SS.............a great floorplan and use of space.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #11

tons of space!

Here's a great pic (with DH) showing just how spacious the Roo is! I've packed it with the slide closed and it's tight but doable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130331_185746.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	41244  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #12

Yup. Us to. I'm trying to convince the wife to go to Normandy Farms in Foxboro next weekend. I'm not ready to put my camper away yet. If anyone's been to NF before and know preferred sites let me know. They look cramped on their website.
5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #13

New member with a new Roo 23SS

Hello,

I'd have to agree about the space. We just bought our 2012 23SS last week and took it on it's maiden voyage to Fort Wilderness. LOVE IT! Had plenty of space for 3 adults and 3 kids 12-14. Brought it home and spent this weekend moving our "things" from our old 1998 Bayside popup to the new one. Had no problems with the slide in getting everything in there. Our popup had a slide and was very spacious also. Will miss the King size beds, but not the setup/breakdown process at all.

The previous owners of our Roo swapped out the U-dinette for the regular dinette and cabinet by the door when they ordered it. Mixed feelings about that. Like the extra cabinet space, but when DD had to sleep on dinette her feet almost touched the end. Oh well. Hope she's done growing. She will only have to sleep there when we take other adults with us. Not often.

Proud new Roo owners.
Jkeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Canadian Member

JKeenan, our 2010 model came with the regular dinette and we prefer it. For us, the U shaped dinette won't sit any more people so we would rather have the cabinet beside the door. What I really like about the current floor plan is how they relocated the TV to the other side of the door on an empty wall and gave you even more cupboard space up top where the TV is in ours.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #15

The hissing noise? Could be that you don't have the bypass valve in the right position? Any leaks near the hwt?
Zwicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 23ss, roo