Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Flat Panel TV Mount in 23SS

I have a 2011 23SS, and I am just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to mount a flat panel in a 23SS. I would like to mount one near the hookups in the front, but I am not sure how to go about it. I was thinking of using one of those swing arm type mounts so it could be swivled to be seen from the front bunk or the sofa or dinette depending on who's watching etc.

My concerns are about the weight of the TV and it bouncing around during transport, or whatever. From what I have noticed the materials used in these campers is about as cheap & light as they come so I am not sure that wall could sustain the weight and/or stress. Any thoughts or ideas you guys may have would be appreciated!

lriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
What I did on my PUMA was mount the swing arm mount to the Above Cabinet. Then I just fold TV in and can TIE down to the Handle of the Cabinet. My Trailer actually had a spot on wall for TV mount but I just don't trust them. Cabinet wood was much stronger.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
I believe the 2011 model has done away with the tv shelf to the left as you enter. I never liked it anyway as you had to look up like you were in a tavern to watch the thing. We simply placed a flat screen on the front awning side cabinet. It is eye level and easy to access. I mounted some cabinet handles to the wall and secured the tv to them with cords when traveling. Works great. I briefly considered a wall mount and just could never get comfortable believing it would withstand the weight, bounce, etc.
Mr.Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote

23ss, tv mount