Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
rbq

Flat tire

We got home from a week long camp trip yesterday & the trailer is sitting in our driveway. Today I went out & found that one of the tires on our Roo was flat. It was up when we got home so it went down overnight. I was trying to find where to jack it, but couldn't find any info on this. Then I remembered that we have the one year of roadside assistance that Forest River provides. So I'll give them a call tomorrow & have someone else change the tire for me. Any other suggestions or has anyone else used this service?
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
CampeRooo

Should you need to do it yourself later on down the road, this thread might help answer some of your questions.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ire-10699.html

I'm curious if the roadside assistance people will know not to jack up the trailer by the axle...keep us posted.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #3

Well, better in your driveway than on the highway! I hope it's fixed quickly and you're back on the road soon!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
rbq

Just a followup on this. I called for the roadside assistance and they sent someone out to change the tire. As I watched where he jacked the trailer it made sense that where he chose to jack the trailer was the only logical place to place the jack. It all happened quickly and easily. I found it to be a great service had we have been on the highway instead of in the driveway. The tire had a nail in it and has been repaired and now rides as the spare as the spare is now ready to hit the road.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote